Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top for 86 k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5junky, Jan 28, 2005.

1. k5junky

k5junky Newbie

hello

does anybody know where i can find a soft top for my blazer? i used to see an ad in the mags for skyler but i am unable to find their address and for some reason i thought someone bought them out any info would be appreciated. on another note i also have a 1970 and a 1972 cst blazer but they are both pending projects. i want to restore the 72 but i want to do it right i'm a little overwhelmed any suggestions? well thanks and i look forward to chatting with somebody.

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
  3. k5junky

k5junky Newbie

thanks

i appreciate it. i'm going on their web site in a little while. i knew they made a top for pickups but i didnt know for blazers too.

4. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

I just bought and installed one on my 85. I have a picture, but they are small for some reason and I don't know how to change that. I love mine.

I ordered mine from http://www.specialtytopco.com/

5. k5junky

k5junky Newbie

looks good

that looks real nice from what i can tell. what color is your blazer mine is gray but a little faded, and i dont know if i want to change it or not. i found a site last night offroad design that had some like yours. i can't make up my mind if i want one like that or one i used to see in the 4wheel mag that looked like a pickup with a tonneau cover. im going to check out specialty tops also. thanks for the info.

6. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

Mine is black with a black top...but they come in tons of colors. I have heard the ones that make it look like a reg p/u leak, but that may have just been bad installation. Mine has not leaked once and mine sat outside in the rain for a week when it broke down. I can get some better pictures for you, but I don't know how to post big pictures.

7. k5junky

k5junky Newbie

man i appreciate the info. i just went to the site you told me about and after looking at all of them i like the one like you have best. you talk about not knowing how to make the pictures bigger, i dont even know how to put mine on this thing. i feel like i've been living in a cave. sometimes i wish i did. what is your e-mail address so i dont have to keep coming back to this site mine is r1612b@earthlink.net i look forward to chatting and for some more ideas on our blazers. thanks

8. mikeksig

mikeksig Newbie

Can-Back???

Did Can-Back go out of business or what???

I REALLY want one of their tops... but there website says "For Sale" and all sites that sell them say they arent returning msgs or filling orders...

Whats up with Can-back? Also, anyone selling one used?

Mike

9. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Oooooh Ooohhhhh, I get to be a pic whore again :grin:

Here's my fast-trac cab/tanneau cover. Yes it can leak in heavy rain, and no it is not due to bad instalation, it is a design flaw.

[​IMG]

10. ilikeitloud

ilikeitloud 1/2 ton status

11. Eric W

Eric W Registered Member

Which one is this one? I like! How easy is it to take the top completely off?