Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BSav, Jun 11, 2004.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

Hey guys.
    I was washing my 88 jimmy in the drive way last week. A guy came up to me and said he had an old 86 Blazer. He said he had a soft top for it. He said it is still in the box and has not been out of his garage in 10 yrs. It's black and 100$ I was really looking for a Skylercorp one where their is no drilling and it looks good. This one he explained looks like the hard top and bolts in but you have to put snaps in the side of the truck. I'm not thriled with that.
    I was thinking of bolting a big piece of angle iron to the bed rail using factory holes and drilling snaps in that. Does that sound like a good idea? I really wanted the the skylercorp style but this is only 100$ is it worth it? what is your opinion on this? I'm going to check it out in the morning.
    I just searched for some tops on the net and it showed me A.A. Best co they showed two tops. One looked like the hard top but with no vissible snaps to drill on the bed side, and one that looks like a pick up truck with no snaps to drill on the bed side. Do any of you have experiance with these or the company? and should I buy the 100$ one and if it dosent fit my needs look more in to this company?
    Thanks for the help
    Brian Sav

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking of bolting a big piece of angle iron to the bed rail using factory holes and drilling snaps in that

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea, don't know if it is doable or not, but had figured if I ran into a deal such as your's, then that's what I'd want to do. maybe someone else knows more and could give us both the answer if it'll work.

if you decide not to get it, send me his name and number and I'll buy it from him!

3. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

if you dont want it, i'll send you $100. bux and you send me the top and we'll all be happy /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    The anble iron idea is how my Kayline works on my first gen. I think it is aluminum that bolts to the top of the bed and the angle is about flush with the bedside. Mine has snaps across the tailgate that are drilled in but I bet you could do the same with it. You can either screw or rivet the snaps in place.

5. BSav

BSav Registered Member

Ya if It does not fit my needs than you all are welcome to it.
    thanks for the in put.
    Bsav /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

If it is designed to be mounted to the body you will need to roll the metal downwards. I have some pic's of the a frame that I bought from Marv a while back that is like that.... The top is shot but the frame is great... I'm looking for a replacement top for mine.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

PM me I'll give ya 150.00 for it and pay for shipping