Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

can someone help me please! i want to know everything there is to know about soft tops. cause i want one for xmas but i have to get my father informed on it.
    i need ALL and ANY info you can give me. and if anyone has close up pics of their soft top and like where it connects can you show them to me please.
    thanks alot guys im sure this will help other people as well as myself.

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

the only help that i can offer is to tell you to check out your local boat shop!!!yes boat's...if you really want a custom top for your ride they can usually make something to suit your needs..all boat canvass top's are custom made to fit, so something like your square blazer would be a "snap" for them...they can put in windows where you want them and do all sorts of things...i had one with a chevy emblem for the back window..check around though cause most of these places are cheaper than skyler top's but some are outrageous..good luck

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I can only tell you about the Kayline top I just got. Number 1 is that it does not leak, whereas I always had a drip or two at the center of the cab with the hard top. The quality of the fabric is awsome, its quite thick and much heavier material than I expected.[​IMG]Road noise is about the same, but I have some good size holes in my rear floor so your experience may be different. It does not flap or anything like that even at 90 MPH (don't ask). The installation is very straight forward, and almost all the snaps (mine is not a fast-trac) go into the supplied aluminum angle. The only part of the body that gets drilled for snaps is the tailgate (I gave each a dab of silicone before threading them in). Mine is a 3 window model and I don't find the visibily to be any different than with the hard top. The only concern is that the windows will scratch easily. The sides and rear roll up in less than 5 minutes, and you get no exhaust fumes running it this way (at least I don't). I love my soft top, and I don't plan on using my hard top ever again.
    Hope that helps.

Rene

[​IMG]

4. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status