Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top installation

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sean72, Apr 3, 2001.

1. sean72

sean72 Registered Member

I have just received my old style Kayline soft top and can't wait to get it on, I was wondering if anybody knew how long it takes to install it...

2. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

If you are really good, I can see doing it in about 2 hours. Could also take most of a day for some people. When I installed mine, it took about 3 or 4 hours, but I fabricated replacement rails for the bedsides that bolt into the existing hard top mounting holes. Make sure that you follow the instructions exactly, especially when it says to get the back corners zipped and start from the back when you install the snaps along the bed rails. Otherwise you will not be able to get the top zipped all the way down in the back corners.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

3. mklind

mklind Newbie

It will take several hours for the first time you install it, due to the rails and snaps needing to be installed. But after you have it all on the first time, it takes about 1/2 hour to take off or install.

Good Luck!!

Mike