Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Top Opinions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mybeast, Jan 26, 2001.

1. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

I'm thinking about ditching the hard top in favor of a soft top. I'd like to get some opinions on the different soft tops ie. noise levels at highway speed, do they prove any protection from the cold. I live in So. Califorina so extreme low temps. are only a problem when wheeling in snow. Is a soft top something i can keep on year around and still tolerate it on the daily bases. Thamks for your help.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i dont have one, but i sure do want one!! as far as noise levels, mudzer tested his fastrack and it was actually quiter...yo0u may want to check out his post on the new products page..he is from missouri, where i am from, and i know its been cold there lately so maybe he left it on and can give you some real world info...
    tRustyK5 put his on recently and i bet 20 to 1he will have record lows!!!! he may be able to tell you how it works @ -30!! ha ha just kiddin rene...dont want to jinx you anymore than you have jinx'd yourself....he he

AIRBORNE!!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

LOL.....we never see -30 here, but since I've had the top on it has been as cold as it gets here, just into the low 20's. That was for about a week and a half. My heater works and I was never cold at all. My hard top used to always leak at the roof, my soft top does not leak at all! I have the same or slightly more road noise than before. All in all I love the soft top, its currently rolled up because the weather is too nice to keep it all done up. The best part is not having to screw around with the back window anymore. Nice easy access to 3 sides instead of just the rear and its nice and light!

Check out my post "Updated tRusty pics" there is 2 pictures of it rolled up and one pic of it all done up.

HTH

Rene

[​IMG]

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I took my hard top off in July and it wil NEVER find it's way back on, one more time it will NEVER go back on, it can get cold in Colorado but the heaters in most K5's work great, take the damn thing off and enjoy life!!

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Mine is now a mini shed in the back yard![​IMG] It'll never go back on again! I'll turn it into a playhouse for my Daughters when the weather gets a little warmer!

Rene

[​IMG]

6. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Those are some dia-hard testimonies, darn near have me convinced to run out and get one. Never had any interest before, but after reading that I'm thinking about it myself.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

7. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

That settles it the hard top is history, as soon as I fix the heater. Thank you everyone who replyed.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!