Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Top Pattern?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by darrel, Apr 15, 2002.

1. darrel

darrel Registered Member

Want to make a custom canvas soft top for my 71. Anybody know where I can find a pattern like the Fast Track designs?

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I too want a canvas top. Your best bet would be to get an exshisting top made out of vinal and lay it nice and flat to get a template. Mabie you can find someone around you that will let you 'model' off thiers?
    I have the older Kayline top now that has busted zippers and cloudy windows. Someday I want to take it to the local softtop shop and have them whip one up for me...
    Good luck

3. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

I have a Fast-trac (P.O.S.) top that I'm going to take to my upholsterer and see if he can make one off that pattern. I want it to fit better and be made of a stronger material. If I get a good price I'll let you know.
    The only thing I ask you is if you have brackets and poles and etc. Without that it's going to be a lot harder unless your good with that sort of stuff.

Chris M

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i sawomeone say onetime that an old jeep cj bikini top would fit. it might get you started

nathan