Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft top Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CJeepFreak84, Apr 8, 2003.

1. CJeepFreak84

CJeepFreak84 Registered Member

Soft top Q\'s

I've been looking at soft-tops for a while... the snap top to be specific. i like the price and options for mt 87 jimmy. my only real question is how EASY is it to take the top OFF.. completely off... including the spreader bar... so that i could transport something bulky. i want to be able to take the top/spreader off during the nice days of summer... but i don't want to take 30 mins un bolting crap. any ideas how fast/easy it is to take it all off? than then... i've heard some stories on here about some leaks when tops are installed... does the snap top seal well? i'd rather not goto the fast track... i want the top to sort of look like the hard top.. not the 5 windows and all but i will if it seals ALOT better.

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Soft top Q\'s

I can have my bestop off and laying in the floor in about 2 minutes, 3 if I need to take the brackets off. I've yet to have a leak in mine. There is a little more road noise, but nothing that kills me...