Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft top question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm looking at both the snap top and fast track. My question is can both or either one have the sides rolled up like a safari top ??? I really want a soft top, but I want one that I can roll the sides up. It also needs too be durable, something that can be on year round. It's okay if the top would need too be replaced every 2 or 3 years.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do the sides and back roll up with the top still on ??? Can I drive it like that ???

3. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

The STC zip out. I haven't put mine in since May 1. No Problems at all.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The STC zip out. I haven't put mine in since May 1. No Problems at all.

[/ QUOTE ] Could you post a pic of it please ??

5. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

The ones that ORD sells sounds like what you're looking for.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Will a soft top last a few years if I leave it on year round ?? I see snow durring the winter months around here.

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

i have the fast track and you just unzip the side and rear part off...then you have a full cover accross the top only, you can see the 3 sides and like I said they just unzip off...I put it on and it fit nice, but its too nice in So Cal to have any thing on the top... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

8. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I pulled the hardtop off Donna's and put a STC Fast trak on and have no plans to put the hardtop back on. It is no different then a Jeep with a soft top so it should be fine year round. It is super quiet with all the windows in. I would rather take the windows out and put them in their bags instead of rolling them up. With them rolled up it is easy for dirt to get in them and scratch the windows. We are also planning to do a pick up gate conversion since we don't need the back window. Here are some pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/78559634OgqcoT

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think I'll probley get the snap top in White with dark tinted windows. I think that would look good on my 76 K5 sence it's 2 tone Blue and White. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG] That with the 38" Ground Hawg's on white modular wheels and the K5 will be looking decent.

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm looking at both the snap top and fast track. My question is can both or either one have the sides rolled up like a safari top ??? I really want a soft top, but I want one that I can roll the sides up. It also needs too be durable, something that can be on year round. It's okay if the top would need too be replaced every 2 or 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You don't want to roll up the windows. they will get trashed. I did it once with my rear window, drove 20 miles and it's scratched all to hell. Your better off taking them out. WHen I am using my truck I take the windows out and leave them home. My truck is water proof so no big deal in the rain. with the top up and windows out you still stay dry. I throw patio furnature covers over the seat to keep them dry.

11. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Second the "remove 'em don't roll 'em". If you leave them rolled up for any length of time in the summer heat, they will begin to haze.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif