Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Top Shopping

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kick, Sep 21, 2005.

1. kick

kick 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to put a Soft Top on my 85. Any feedback on the Snap Type and The Fastrac ? Any input will be appreciated.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I use the fastrac style, you don't have to drill quite so many holes in your truck. I have a specialty top, had it about 2.5 years now. It's been repaired a couple times, some parts were broken when it arrived, called the manufacturer was told I would be sent a replacement and never was. For a cheap ($500 is cheap for a soft top) soft top it's ok, I just couldn't see paying $1000 for one.

3. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

I was using the stc 3 window fastrac on my 89 blazer. It was easy to install and easy to take off when needed. had it for 2 years with no problems.

4. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

I bought my Bestop on ebay for $300 when It came a couple of the nylon loops for the bowes came off. Even though it was an old 80's model Bestop still replaced it for free and let me keep the old one which I sold on here :D

I love it :bow: