Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top uhhgg...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Mar 6, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Well I got the bug, It was too nice this weekend I had to put on my soft top. I purchased one of those best top soft tops that Austin jeeps was advertising. That thing was the biggest pain in the a$% to put on. It has all of the snaps that screw on to the body. I am sure that I probably jumped the gun, it might have been easier if I would have waited until it got even warmer. But I put it on as tight as I could and man is it tight and does it look great. So na na I will be one the first to go top less this spring... I am ready bring on the sunshine....

2. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

What color did you get? I want to buy one from him if you recommend it. I think he has some left. Did you have to drill the body at all? What type of Materials are the BesTop? Can you take a pic and send it to me. I have never seen a BesTop for a Blazer. Thanks...

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

I am pleased with mine, it is black. It is an older top, but brand new still in the box. Yeah all of the snaps get screwed into the body. I wasnt really excited about that, but it isnt too bad now that it is done. I put a dab of silicone then screwed the snaps in. For the price you cant beat it. I will get some pictures this weekend and then post them.

Mudzer I hear that Zack will be coming down by you to do a little trail riding? Sounds good when are you guys planning to do this?

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

na na na na

Sorry Blazerboy, but I won the first place on going topless. I removed mine friday morning (for the first time in 20 years for my Blazer). We're already in the 80s here in my country, so na na na [​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

5. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Re: na na na na

It is true that you were the first to go topless this spring, but I did it with more style... na na just teasing... glad to hear you let her breath a little...

GO TOPLESS......

6. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

sorry guys but i put my soft top on the first week of feb and it is one of those skyler soft tops (took about 30min to put on but a little bit costly) but looks pretty cool.

7. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I havent had any top on my truck for two years. I take this topless thing very seriously.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>

8. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

AUSTIN JEEP

i can't seem to find this website.
    every time i try, i get some lame screen with domain name choices.
    anybody wanna type up the link for me?

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

9. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

ball park / how much do they run $$$$$$
    i saw a nice one / the back window was a bowtie..

$175.00 ???