Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft top with roof rack for a '75?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MaxCrack, Aug 1, 2002.

1. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Soft top with roof rack for a \'75?

Who makes 'em? Where can I get one?

Due to some deal making with my wife, I get to buy one much sooner than originally planned.

2. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

Re: Soft top with roof rack for a \'75?

When you find it, let me know...

3. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

Take a look at Steve's truck. Can-back soft top with optional roof rack. Looks pretty cool.Not sure what years it fits. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    http://coloradok5.com/yakimareview.shtml

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It'd fit his 75 but his head would get wet if it rained, since it wouldn't go all the way to the windshield... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Nobody huh? Well I had no luck either, calling all the top manufacturers I could find. Best Top said they were thinking about it, but I'm bettin' they always say that. OH well. Anybody know of a group buy or anyone giving discounts for Specialty Tops?

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nobody makes one for the 69-75 models.
    One of the members Has done something you might be interested in and should work with a soft top. He put a rail on the bed rail with a tab. It samndwiches between the bed rail and the shell when it's on. To the tab he attached a hoop that went over the top of the truck to suport a Confer style roof rack. It;s sort of like a ladder rack set up on the pick up truck but you can still install the hard top or a soft top. He can run it with or without a hard top. Should work fine for a rag top. Only problem will be the bows will not be able to fold. My full cage on my 75 causes the same issue. the Specialty top brand top has high quality snaps so I just bungy corded the bows to the main hoop 0n the roll bar and leave the bows in the up right posisition Fold the to into the bed area. Might want to look through the members rides forums and try to find that truckk to see how he mounted the roof rack.
    If you hit the link in my sig for the ColoradoK5 photo album look on the second page and the bottom left album has a picture of what the bows look like without the top on them. Thos pictures will shortly appear in a review on the STC Fasttrac top for the 73-75. Steve already has the stuff from me and will post it shortly.