Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78k5, May 7, 2000.

1. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Has anyone had the skyler soft top that makes your blazer look like a truck? I want to get one of these but I don't want to pay that much for it if it is crap!

2. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

I have the great Shawn Splinker's (hope that is spelled right) skyler soft top. Love it, it was one of the best things I have ever bought. Should be putting it on real soon, hopefully this week. I have real trick rear deck lid that I made to cover the entire are behind the rear seat, its like a huge trunk, covered in blue material with a cool lockable door to acess the handle for the talegate. It covers my stereo goodies and also gives a really cool look. Will show pics later.
    This top is great for very quick removial. Looks sweet and doesnt leak, but you do need to pay attention when it might rain. Skyler suggest you either park with the rear facing downhill to allow water to drain off, so not to pool up and stretch the top. Also I take very good care of where I store mine when its not on, to avoid wrinkles and such.
    Great top would deff. say they are worth it.

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

3. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

I have a black fast back Skyler soft top for my 87 K-5. It came with my truck when I purchased it from the previous owner. I just got to put it on Saturday. It's probably one of the best things for a K-5 what I can think of. My truck suddenly became very agile around corners and I didn't have to press the pedal as hard as I normally do to get the truck to move. Guess that nearly 300 pound top does matter a lot. The thing was just soo easy to install. It used the hard top bolts to bolt rails around the half cab and the rear of the truck. The actual top is held on by velcro and has a small bar which extends right behind the seats. It's kinda noisy untill the top stretches into place. after that, it's great. Plus, it's pretty waterproof. It survived a downpour today, and my interior is dry as a bone! But still, it's even more fun w/o a top at all!