Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft top

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, May 6, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

ya know, i love wheelin my k5 with the top off, but it really sucks when it starts to rain and i have to hurry, and get somebody to help me lift my hard top back on. does anyboyd konw where i can get a soft top? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

you can make one real easy. I did have one.

3. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

make one?

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

5. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I took a hard top and cut it up and got some tarp and put in some snaps. NO holes in the body. made mine for not that much. Could have a boat shop make the top, but can be done on your own.

or buy one!

FYI my top cost me about $10-$20 to make. but did not look the best.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

aaaahhhh the benefits of the half-cab K5s. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I can wheel in the rain, snow, and sleet and (until i get out and run around) not get wet at all. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I ordered my from OffCamber on 4/17.....It just came in today, I can't wait for the weekend to put it on /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

I ordered my Fasttrac from Off- Camber, took about 2 weeks to recieve it. Put it on in April, and all it has done is rain since then. There is NO leaks and it looks great. Can't wait to leave the windows out of it!!! I think after shipping and all it was about $540. Well worth it to be topless and yet keep the cats out! (DAMN CATS!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)

9. 83PJW

83PJW 1/2 ton status

i ordered one from stc speacialty top company and it sucked. i have the one that makes your rig look like a truck half cab and tonue cover. the hardware was three ribs to hold up the tonue cover and some rail system to keep the whole thing on. wel the first time it rained a huge puddle formed and stretched it out. i called the guy at stc and he told me that was normal. well after cussing him up one side and down the other i went to the hardware store bought some electrical tubing and made three more ribs and solved my problem. moral of the story the cover and stitching were good but the design needed my fabrication to work.

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

having a soft top would be great... but i just cant justify spending $500+ on one. Wonder if the specialty top boys would sell me just the part that attaches the top to the half-cab top part... the rest would be easy to make myself... and a lot cheaper! lol!

j