Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft tops and system security

Discussion in 'Audio' started by personaltrainer, Feb 16, 2005.

1. personaltrainer

personaltrainer 1/2 ton status

Wondering what clever ways you guys have come up with to secure your systems (spec subs) while the soft top is on. Not so worried about the amps or door speakers because i'm gonna take the front seats out, then instal amps with security screws under the seat then re-instal seats on top - so that should be sufficient.
    Bottom line is - if someone wants the stuff bad enough and they have the time, they'll get it. I just want to make it a little more time consuming.

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sink them into the floor, between the framerails in a custom metal enclosure!!!

Anything you can do to make them "invisible" will help....building them into the bedsides and covering them with a factory looking vinyl or whatever would help....and give the appearance that it'll be a pain to steal.

From a thief's perspective a "simple, rectangular box" would be the best to steal, since it's easy to resell....anything customized to an interior becomes too "specific" to be worth the trouble.

Also, an alarm system with a perimeter-sensing capability will help keep the curious hands on the OUTSIDE of your vehicle where they belong......

:cool1:

3. personaltrainer

greg - you done this? if so you got pics? thanks.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Give me some time.....that's the route I'm going next.

Pics of my previous install are in my gallery pages, if you haven't already stumbled across those.

:)

5. personaltrainer

damn greg - I wish you lived closer to me - I have alot to learn about this stuff and I'd love to look at your rig first hand. Your work on the speakers looks GREAT. I'm sure you had a good reason but I have to ask - why would you put the tweets in the floor? Why not stick them up high in the door?

Also will you not get too much vibration from a metal box? I'm sure you;ve thought of this - I was just wondering.

Thanks for your time man. Sweet ride.