Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Tops In Winter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Do any of you run soft tops through winter? I'm not talking down south, either. I wonder if they can hold up to snow & ice? Sure would be nice to get out the /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif for the half cab and not have to graft in a '73-'75 frame (although, I do have 2 of those now).

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

My fasttrac soft top can't even handle a heavy rain /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif No way I would subject it to heavy snow.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Mine did ok with the first snow last year which was 4" or so but I went back to the hard top till a few weeks ago.

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

So.... lately it's been in the 50's and even sometimes the 60's during the day. I see convertible cars around town, one Bronco with the top off, a Blazer.... and I'm just itching to get rid of the hardtop. I have a Bestop soft top anyway. The top has been in the house for about a week to keep warm. It turned out that one of my husband's friends could help remove the hardtop last night. Rain was in the forecast for today. Well, it was late enough in the day I could not stretch the soft top. I pulled, tugged, and pleaded with the thing. It's *almost* on. Today it's raining and snowing /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. I'm so mad I could spit! And if I hear one more "I told you so" from my darling husband, I'll blow a gasket!