Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Tops (which is best)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DwarF, Oct 13, 2003.

1. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

I am wanting to go to a soft top soon. I want one that doesn't require me to modify the truck AT ALL. No screws, no drilling. I don't understand why they make you do that when there are bolt holes everywhere. In anycase, in your experience, which is the best soft top for a k5?

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Then you don't want a soft top. Even the factory available top required a few holes. STC Fast track (all) and the Can back(76 up) are your best shots.

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

IMO, canback makes the best soft top in the industry. Dunno if any of the tops are 100% free of drilling etc though...

j

4. DwarF

DwarF 1/2 ton status

adding to my favorites, I missed it the first time.

I can understand the drilling in the tailgate, but why do they make you drill the cab?

I don't like this. It isn't a big deal today, but in a few years, that will be just another rust spot!

5. triger

triger 1/2 ton status

<font color="green"> Can-Back all the way... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif You only have to drill four holes (yeah it sucks but well worth it)...I love my top and would recomend them to anyone...And thank Steve for deciding on cutting his truck up... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

T </font>

[​IMG]

<font color="green">Nothing like rolling up the windows and cruising around... </font>