Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft-tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by belly, Mar 11, 2001.

1. belly

belly Registered Member

I have a 73 (probably, I'm not 100% sure) K5 and live in Australia. Parts for my Blazer are pretty thin on the ground here and good advice impossible to find. My hard top has definitely seen better days and I want to replace with a soft-top, my question to anybody out there with first hand knowledge is; what is the best softop for my Blazer (piller less) and who makes it. I will really appreciate any guidance in this area. Thanks.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Probably the best thing you could do is find a boat shop that does the canvas work for boats and have one made. I have a Kayline soft top for a newer style (half cab) Jimmy but Kayline is currently in trouble and not making tops at the moment.
    You could try a search on this site, soft top questions come up often. I think Best top is still making soft tops but I'm not sure about your year. Can Back has also stopped making tops for our truck due to low profitabilty.

Good luck

Rene

[​IMG]

3. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i got mine made at a boatshop.
    works great!!!
    they erven made my windows in the shape of chevy bowties. its awesome!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/>http://confederate9.coloradok5.com/</A>
    <font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    [​IMG]

4. belly

belly Registered Member

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm busy planning a super custom job for the local boat shop to stitch up.

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

hey confederate, can you post a pic of your soft top with the bow tie windows? i'm thinking about having one made, and that sounds pretty trick.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>