Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I've been looking at all types of soft tops for my ride. I've talked to a couple companies, heres one of the messages I got back.

Hello Dave at VT tarp here.I have an 1984 k-5 myself.I could make something that would mount to an awning channel that you could screw to the roof and a 2-bow frame with nylon tiedown straps.The frame would be in a 1" stainless steel or &/8" aluminum.The fabric could be either adurable vinyl or canvas,or sunbrella.I would recomend the vinyl.Cost estimate would be 450 with a stainless frame or 350 with aluminum and poly fittings.Call me at 1-802-372-3838 with questions or to order.
    It is a fab shop for things like this and heres the adress: vttarp@pshift.com (somebody will probly make this clickable, I myself am too lazy & dumb). Just thought it might help everyone else who doesn't want to shell out $850 for a can-back or others like it.

K-5- because size DOES matter!

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

3. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

Wonder if this guy has pics of his work by any chance. I'm kinda leary of drilling into my roof to install a soft top, but that price sounds nice. Hmmmm.....

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers