Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Tops

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fireplug, Mar 22, 2006.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Hi guys, I have a opportunity to pick up a used Kayline (STC) top but it is the snap top. Any opinions out there how much better the Fastrack system is? Is it worth the extra money to purchase a new Fastrack over the used Snap? If it matters it is NOT a full convertable. Thanks, Jason.

2. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

i had a kayline with the snaps it was a good top in my mind i liked it ok, have never messed with the fastrack so dont know nothing there.:D

3. Low76K5

Low76K5 Registered Member

I am expecting my new white half top Fastrack ($550 from thejeep.com) to be delivered any day. I have several broken snaps on my hybrid camper bunk ends so the fastrack was my choice. I will let you know about the Fastrack as soon as it's warm enough to install.
    On the snap tops I think that the snaps go into a supplied rail that you bolt to your existing mounting points. You do need to drill the tailgate snaps.
    Now that I think about it I wonder how the Fastrac will secure to the tailgate...

Scott

4. terrier72

terrier72 1/2 ton status

I currently have the fastrac top and it was a breezw to install. It attaches to the tailgate via a track that is screwed to the tailgate. There is a great tech article on one being installed on here.

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies! Anymore out there?

Also, does anyone know if the top will fit over a factory 73 - 75 rollbar?