Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soft Tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 28, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Is there a soft top where there is a clear cover going vertically and the rest of horizontal but low to make the k5 look like a truck instead of a suv.. i dont know if my description makes any sense but bassically its like putting a tarp over the bed and then getting clear material to cover up the open space right behind the driver side.. i know ive seen some kind of cover like this.. does anyone know who makes it or have a website?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Skyler makes a top like that. It looks like a tonneau cover with a soft vertical part behind the drivers area with a clear rear window. I'm not sure if they still make them or not. I did see one on eBay a week or two ago.

Rene

3. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

specialty tops(kay line) make them also

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I believe they are still being made. I just saw one in the new issue of 4-wheel and off-road. Sigh, if only I had all my upgrades done and $600 to blow.

5. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

There is one on ebay right now for $400 + $40s/h.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1816665009>softtop</a>

6. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

skyler was recently bought out by another company and they dont knoiw when that company is going to resume making there tops again, it could be for this summer, next summer, or even two summers from know. Specialty Top company makes one, but I dont like theres as much.
    Ike

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

there is a guy in yuma that has a 76 and up blazer with a cover that goes from the top to the bottom. doesnt cover the bed.
    looks NICE
    grant