Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

soft tops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by badbowtie86, May 3, 2002.

1. badbowtie86

badbowtie86 Registered Member

I'm looking at making a soft top for my 86. I was wondering what material is best. Also, in what way would be the best to secure it down, snap, zip or other? Any pics are greatly apprecieated.
    kevin

2. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

I've recently been talking with a wholesale fabric guy in my town. In the past they used to do more specialty work and still does a bit. He sells truck tonneau cover material that he suggested I use for my top. If I decide to go this route he will sell me the material then I will cut it to fit (gonna make one similar to skyler, the tonneau cover type) I'll bring it back to him and he will sew velcro all around the edges and put some snaps in areas that recieve more stress (allong the cab ect) He is also going to sew a section of thick flexible clear plastic, like in jeeps, for a rear window. I will have my truck there so he can still take any measurements if need be. The whole deal will cost around $150 or less. Yep so thats what I'm doing, if that helps at all. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

Check out my page and look under the catolage section