Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Softball + Throw = Arm in Sling

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Apr 2, 2003.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well we had are first softball game lastnight,and they stuck me in left centerfield. Well first inning no action for me..Next inning guy ropes it over my head. I ran to the face turn and threw the hell out of the ball,and feel something tear right above my elbow. I continue to play,and threw a couple more times...then pull out,and I rode the pine the rest of the game. I drive home,call Kaiser and off to the Emergency room. Come to find out that I torn my tricep,so now I have to have my right arm in a sling for atleast 2 weeks. This sucks... It took me 4 minutes to type this with my left hand. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Sure Eric, tell us the real reason you have to have your arm in a sling.... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

That sucks!

Here's a good softball war story for ya...

Friend of mine out in left center, ball gets hit-back, back, waaayyy back...to the fence. He jumps up to catch it and comes down on the top "spike thingy" on the metal fence...mouth first! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Ripped through his top lip straight up his face!
    One of the worst sights I've ever seen! Still gives me the chills!

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey, that is nothing! My dad used to play minor-league baseball and when I was a kid he jumped for a fly ball and the leftfielder ran into him and knocked him right up on the chainlink fence, yes, you know how I mean. Had to go to the hospital for stitches, too. Not the big guy, just where the two little guys live. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't worry, though, I have two younger brothers from after that. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

That's what the "spikey thing" meant= chain link fence top

[ QUOTE ]
    Not the big guy, just where the two little guys live

[/ QUOTE ]

Naaaastty!!! THAT would suck!!!

6. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yep. My mom is a nurse and she was at the ER when my dad came in, too!