Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

softtops

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bow350tie, Jun 14, 2002.

1. bow350tie

bow350tie Newbie

any one know somewhere near bc canada i can get one done for an 85 fullsize?

2. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

i guess you are trying to stay away from the major manufacturers but here is a list of them anyways.
    Specialty Top (Available through this site)
    Best Top
    Can-Bak (the most expensive of the bunch but probably they best one of the bunch too)
    other than that try a local marine cover shop, they might hook it up

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

CK5 registered members get a discount on the CK5 run parts web site. offcamber4x4 State side the shipping on a big dollar item is usualy cheaper then the local sales tax. not sure if that will hold true in the great white north. Otherwise check your local 4x4 shop and see if they are a www.specialtytop.com distributor.

4. keeferk5

keeferk5 Registered Member

5. creampuff90k5

creampuff90k5 1/2 ton status

I went through this same thing when I had my fastback soft top stitched up...

The best thing to do is to look in the phone book and make a list of three or four shops that do auto tops and/or marine fabric. Then, waste a Saturday morning visiting these places and talking to them. It helps to bring along a few photos or drawings of what you want the end result to look like. Get estimates and go with the best combination of price and perceived quality.

Top pics:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/38405365HCSxDr