Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Software question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What program do you use for burnig DVD's ??? My bro's new HP computer burns movies, but the sound track is "off" by 0.04 of a second. Kinda like watching a old kong foo flick where the sound doesn't match the mouth when they talk. Kinda annoying. What program do you use to burn DVD movies, and can you provide a link to where he can get the software please.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Oh I am interested in this too! But, do I need a DVD burner? Or will a regular CD burner work?

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh I am interested in this too! But, do I need a DVD burner? Or will a regular CD burner work?

[/ QUOTE ]I've made VCD's with my CD burner, but I think you'll need a DVD burner to make a real DVD.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Darn /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I use DVD X copy or something like that on my laptop, but I don't think we've watched any of the movies we've copied (mostly kid movies, cause they pulverize the dvd's by walking around with them like toys). I burned a family dvd on my desktop and noticed the same thing, ArcSoft Showbiz I think it was called.

I have a burner on my office desktop, that seemed to burn cleanly, but it was a short movie, like 15 minutes. That software came from HP. Whatever they ship with the external DVDrw drives.

Steve, you do need a dvd writer to burn dvd movies, but they're getting pretty cheap now. I remember sinking $200 on a 2x CD Burner. Now, I just bought the 4x or 8x (forget) DVD burner for my desktop for $70.