Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sold my 77, week later its for sale for twice as much...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eclipse, Oct 22, 2006.

1. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Askin it don't mean he'll get it. If he does, then that's a bummer, you should've asked more!

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Ah the power of capitalisim.
    I can't count how many times I have given away or sold stuff for dirt cheap and then see it for sale.

4. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

i'm not out to screw people like that. I told him everything that was wrong with it and I asked 1500 thinking I was going to get talked down since it had a rusted cab and a 305. I only sold it cause I had to rebuild the 700r4 in my suburban.

also... I hope someone does pay 3000 for it thinking its a good driver.. the brakes need work from mud bogging it.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

It's even worse when you give a great deal to a buddy and he goes and sell's it for a profit . I don't like to profit off my friends so I will give something up for what I paid for it . I have bought stuff off ebay and craigslist and quickly resold it for a little more cash .

6. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

you should call him and act like you want to buy it, and hopefully he remembers your voice. :haha:

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I wonder if many people actually showed up to look at it. By a picture, it almost could pass for a $3000 truck to some people, but if they saw the rust in person and found out it was a 305, that's a different story.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If it's what the market commands, you're not screwing anyone. Well, maybe, you're actually helping the market screw people in that case, but you can alleviate a degree of personal guilt from directly screwing someone. I've been watching the same thing with the real estate market up here for the past 8 years, and the motorcycle market every spring...