Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sold one of my babies- time to update my sig

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Due to rising gas prices and one too many trucks, I sold mine to a friend in need of a vehicle.

I sold said good bye (temporarily) to my 89 c1500.
    It was a real pretty truck mint except for for some faded paint on the hood, and no rust. Gave him the truck cap too. Bed was mint as well. and it only had 87000 miles on it :doah: But it was costing over 90 dollars to fill up!

Sold it to him for only 1800... :eek1:

So now I only have 3 trucks left... :(

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My dilema also...

I am going to put a "for sale" sign on my 79 C10 too...I cant afford to have 3 vehicles registered with no job or income..but I probably wont get squat for it,because used vehicles are dime a dozen here--too many car dealers in my area dumping trade ins on the market..also,not many want a 2wd truck,even if its in good shape..

I feel the truck is worth 1500,but I know where I could buy a 1990 with a plow with minor rust for 1000!...I might bring it to an antique swap meet later this month,where more guys who appreciate older rigs might be willing to give more than the usual buyers you'd attract here...not easy to get more than 500 for an older vehicle here...unless you stumble across the right person..I'm usually not that lucky..

Another 79-ish K10 caught me eye the other day,its got a plow,and they are asking 500 for it!..(I would almost trade my C10 for it,rather have a 4x4,but that wont save me any money!)...I must be retarted to want every truck I see,when I dont even have the cash or ambition to fix the ones I have already!...I keep telling myself I'm nuts to even consider getting another truck--but I love the old GM trucks,I know them by heart,so easy to repair,cheap to maintain--but the gas milage is the killer now... :doah: :(

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Run that diesel of yours man. :) waste vegetable oil! hehe

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Thought about that!

I have considered converting my diesel to waste fryolator oil!--but I asked around at some of the fast food joints,and most of them have a contract with a recycling firm to haul off the waste oil,which they sell to biodiesel companies!..and the few others who dont, already have more people wanting the oil than they have to dispose of.. :mad: !...so I dont think its worth it right now,and when it gets colder in a month or two,it wont be practical...guess I'm screwed there.. :frown1: :angry1:

Now if I could use DRAIN OIL from engines,I could have a lifetime supply of free fuel!...I can get all of that I want free,and then some..wish I could convert both my diesel and my house oil furnace to burn waste engine oil!.. :thinking: :crazy: