Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sold

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by mouse, Feb 27, 2007.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

The Air Force is sending me back to california, and I don't want to deal with the smog issues of the state. I will not part the vehicle out unless it makes it to california, and I cannot sell it whole:

A lot of work last spring. Truck has been trailered for last 2 years. Not much highway use.

1977 K5 blazer

350 small block bored .040 over, Silvolite pistons, 8.8:1 compression, eagle cast crank, stock connecting rods, 4-bolt mains. Melling high-vol oil pump, new oil pan, timing cover, aluminum valve covers. Original 388 casting heads, re-worked running larger 305 intake valves, bowl work to increase flow. All new rocker arms, push rods. Comp cams XE 249 fuel injection friendly camshaft. Engine assembled last May ~3000 miles.

TBI system, reman distributor, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, new fuel pump, new gas tank. TBI chips custom chip and tuned using WINALDL. Serpentine belt system, reman alt, reman water pump.

Hydroboost brake system, reman hydroboost pump for serpentine system.

Front axle: 1979 D60, 4:88 yukon gears, open carrier. Super winch hubs, ORD crossover steering, GLO cover, all new bearings and seals last March (2006). New kingpins past December (top and bottom). ORD steering brace on frame.

Rear axle: 1976 14Bff, 4:88 yukon gears, detroit locker. All new bearings and locker last March (2006). Rear disk conversion using Sky brackets and TSM large-GM calipers, braided lines. MOO cover, 1410 yoke. Rear driveline is HAD 1350 CV, rear 1410 joint.

Trans: TH350 rebuilt last May with replacement parts and "heavy duty" shift kit. Extra-large trans cooler. NP203 TC with part time kit. Twin stick control. Running synthetic fluid, all new seals in May 2006 when trans was rebuilt.

Bumpers: Front 4x4 iron hybrid with winch mount. Rear Kennesaw Mountain multi-carrier with spare tire carrier and jerry can mount.

Wheels/Tires: Steel 16x10 black wheels. 36 inch iroks (new May 2006), almost new, maybe 3000 miles.

Suspension: Front TC 4" springs, TC shocks, ORD heavy duty greaseable shackles. Rear TC 4" springs + 1" 0-rate, TC shocks.

Body is in good shape. Very little rust. 1 small spot in bed next to tail gate. Floor pans good. Some new metal is welded in on drivers side. Windows have all new seals. Top has all new seals.

Interior is currently disassembled as it was on the way for a cage install when I stopped it. I have power seats from a 1995 GMC Yukon, and carpet that is 2 1/2 years old that will go back in. Dash is original tach dash and it reads accurately. CB radio is included.

Extras: spare D60 shafts (inner and outer for both sides), 2 D60 spindles.

I have run out of time this morning to keep posting. I will get back after work tonight.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

If the military sends you to CA you can leave it registered in your last state or home of record. No need to worry about CA smog. And its 100% legal for the military.

3. bozor1000

bozor1000 1/2 ton status

PM me. I can give you information on the smog

4. FlagBurb

FlagBurb Registered Member

If you do sell it how much were you going to ask for it?:D

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Any idea how I can register in my home of record (Minnesota)? I haven't lived there for 20 years...

6. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Mouse, you could always leave it in Great Falls for me. I come home in 3 months hahaha

7. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I might leave it in GF if I find the right person. I am still mixed about selling...

8. lak2004

lak2004 1/2 ton status

Man that thing is sweet! If you are still selling it, how much?

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Call them or look up the forms online. I bet you can do it all thru the mail. You may have to have copys of your military ID but its legal and the DMV in MN should be able to help you.

10. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dont sell it! Bring it here to Cali so we can go wheeling together. All you have to do is get a military blazer off the base and swap the registration and vins. You can pick up a non running blazer for $500 bucks or maybe less for you. I'm running a military blazer that had a blown engine and just swapped everything from my other blazer on to it, no more smog for me:D.

11. solidaxlesub

solidaxlesub 1/2 ton status

how much?

12. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Hoping for $6000

If you have an offer, shoot it to me...the above price is a small fraction of the investment in it...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  13. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

14. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

15. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Help, I need a new owner.

16. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

if only i had the money... sure everyone knows how that goes. I am gonna be in Great Falls on Friday though

17. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

wanna trade for a 90' 1ton suburban???

18. 72 SAC

72 SAC Registered Member

I just got out of the air force a few months ago and moved back home to Sacramento, with my 72 blazer and 89 suburban. If you live in California and you are in the military and have had the truck for move then 2 years it doesn’t have to pass smog. You have to smog it let it fail show the dmv and they will get you a title that is none transferable. I got my blazer in great falls and suburban in Colorado Springs. So they do make exceptions.