Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soldiers funeral in Cheyenne today

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I read that article, not realizing the funeral was this morning... So I went down with my camera to see if I could get some pictures of the action outside... Turns out the church didn't even show their sorry hides... So I stuck around outside the church and then went over to the cemetary... I didn't hear or see anything other than the 21 gun salute and taps, but it was nice... Flags and people everywhere :D

Keep up the good work military folks, people still appreciate it:bow: :bow:

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

should've taken a gun, just in case. :mad:

had i known they were here when they were, my plow would've probably been a little different shade of red.

3. rhino105amx

rhino105amx 1/2 ton status

Those morons send a notice that they are going to attend EVERY funeral. I do Patriot Guard rides and have not seen them at one yet. By the way, Homeslice is a Patriot Guard rider! I am going to Colorado this weekend for a Patriot Guard ride in Montrose. SPC Christopher Sitton 21, was killed in Kunar Afghanistan when an IED detonated near his convoy vehicle. I am one of the few non-Harley riders.

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Glad they didn't show. Seeing and hearing of stuff like that erks me. If and when it comes my time and someone or some group decides to that, well, it wouldn't be advised as most of my family are really from the "hills", plus in my will I want live rounds instead of blanks so the appropriate force can be used.........

Glad nothing happened.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Same here. They talked the big talk about coming to one we had here. Oklahoma had just passed a state law prohibiting protesting at funerals within something like 500 feet. I was on the law enforcement detail at the service, there was something like 40 of us there just in case there was any problems. Westboro didn't make a visible showing, although we think they did send a couple people just to scout around.

As for the Patriot Guard, there must had been about 200 riders there and the leader came to our post (I was at the high visibility post with several troopers) and thanked us for being there; but people around these parts, and especially us cops are sort of patriotic and thanked the guy back for you guys.