Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soldiers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudhog, Jan 22, 2003.

1. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I want you to close your eyes and picture in your mind the soldier at Valley Forge, as he holds his musket in his bloody hands.
    He stands barefoot in the snow, starved from lack of food, wounded from months of battle and emotionally scarred from the eternity away from his family surrounded by nothing but death and carnage of war.

He stands tough, with fire in his eyes and victory on his breath. He looks at us now in anger and disgust and tells us this...

I gave you a birthright of freedom born in the Constitution and now your children graduate too illiterate to read it. I fought in the snow barefoot to give you the freedom to vote and you stay at home because it rains.

I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people.

It's the soldier not the reporter who gives you the freedom of the press.

It's the soldier not the poet who gives you the freedom of speech.

It's the soldier not the campus organizer who allows you to demonstrate.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves the flag, whose coffin is draped with the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag!!!

"Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need.
    Amen.

Prayer Wheel:

When you receive this, please stop for a moment and say a prayer for our U.S. ground troops in Afghanistan, and the ones facing deployment to Iraq at this very moment - AND all over this world.

2. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Amen to that brother /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

jacob

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

That totally kicked ass. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. ChevyDrivnRdneck

ChevyDrivnRdneck 1/2 ton status

Awesome!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I'm an expert marksman...but too old to go, as of yet. Doing all I can in support, though. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

10. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I left my family destitute to give you the freedom of speech and you remain silent on critical issues, because it might be bad for business.

I orphaned my children to give you a government to serve you and it has stolen democracy from the people

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well that hits the nail right on the damn head /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif