Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

solid front axle s-10

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, May 30, 2005.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

so im thinkin about getting an s10 pickup. i was wondering if it was easy enough to swap a solid front axle under it and what axle i would use. i want to run 35 inch tires with maybee 4.10 gears. and maybee if i need anyhting for steering correction? im not looking for over kill. maybee some pics of people who have done this? i want to keep the s-10 frame. thanks for any info.

2. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

im sure it can be done, but there are a couple of things to consider.

you would have to use stock jeep axles like a dana 30 or something if you want to keep the correct width. using a axle from a fullsize will push ur tires way out to each side and your rear axle wont be the same width.

Im not sure how the steering would work out, could be simple but might not be.

The only other problem i can see is you will most likely have to move the spring perches on the front axle you choose.
    and you will have to fab up a place to mound a shackle and an lbracket for the spring to mount in the front of course as well.

good luck and hopefully somone on here has done it so they can help you out along the way :)