Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

solid front axle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudRebel350, Jul 19, 2000.

1. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Will GM ever figure out that if they put that axle back in the trucks they'd probably sell more. i won't touch anything with that IFS crap. Control arms and Cv joints are for front wheel drive cars. Does anyone know if they plan on this cause I think that Ford Excursion is probably doing better in sales cause its got a solid front axle.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I think I saw something on Trucks!, or Car & Driver TV, that they will have a solid front axle in the next few years.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

3. MudRebel350

Good to hear. The trucks have been very weak for about the past decade. Maybe they'll make a full size blazer again too. Thst would rock.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

4. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

I dont see them ever going back, they dont even offer a solid front axle in their 1 ton stuff, its totally out of their lineup. I dont think they want to spend the time to make the solid axle ride as good as the ifs on the street. Not after spending all the $$ they did to make the ifs half ass wright.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

5. MudRebel350

Thats the thing though, its a truck, not a car. It should drive like a truck, which is similiar to a tank. IFS sucks.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy