Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

solid motor mounts... tell me about them.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Nov 11, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i want to get a set of the ORD motor mounts for my suburban, just how much more vibration do they send into the body? im not opposed to it and i dont mind my suburban feeling like a race truck, i was just wondering if its untolerable for a daily driver.
    [NOTE; my suburban has already got 36" TSLs on it so vibration and noise dont bother me.]

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I know you can crack and twist a frame with solid mounts...

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I have them on two trucks. The ORD mounts are not solid but, they are much more solid than the stock rubber mounts. They have poly inserts in them.

I do not notice any unusal vibrations. Its nice knowing the mounts are really good holding in the 502.

The only word of caution, is to make sure you get the poly tranny mount(s) as well, or you will be cracking an adapter or tranny.

My. 02,
    John

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have them on two trucks. The ORD mounts are not solid but, they are much more solid than the stock rubber mounts. They have poly inserts in them.

I do not notice any unusal vibrations. Its nice knowing the mounts are really good holding in the 502.

The only word of caution, is to make sure you get the poly tranny mount(s) as well, or you will be cracking an adapter or tranny.

My. 02,
    John

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree. And yes I did crack an adapter but it was vice versa (running poly transfer case mounts and rubber motor mounts). After I busted the adapter I installed ORD motor mounts and have not had trouble since.