Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Solid mount question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ratlover, Nov 8, 2002.

1. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

I am familiar with muscle cars and such but I havent really built up a 4x4 and have a question for you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I am puting a 454 in my 83 1/2 ton. Fairly stout, 10.25 sompression, merlin heads, performer rpm manifold, headers yada yada yada. My truck will get driven quite a bit on the road as well as off road as much as possible. I am planning on sticking a solid motor mount on the drivers side and a rubber on the passenger side and a rubber mount on the transfercase.

Anyone see a problem with this or any other feedback? This is the setup I would run if it was a car(with a rubber mount on the tranny cuz obviously a Chevelle or the like shouldnt have a TC)

TIA

2. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

Cumon guys /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif You guys seem like a smart bunch from all the reading/lurking I have done, somebody has to have experience with this and the search feature didnt turn up any leads. I dont know How this is different from a non 4x4 application but figred I would ask. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Most people on here would probably say go with a sythnthetic mounts all the way around. They arn't affected by oil or anythign like that. I believe OffRoad Design makes a line of these mounts...or at least they sell them. Energy Suspension also sells them.
    Blake

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I used to have a Jeep that ran solid mounts. It was an "off-road" only toy that saw most of it's use in the sand. I ran a solid welded driver's side motor mount, rubber passenger side one, and a solid mount at the case.

I liked it, but I busted the frame a couple of times, and the engine vibration that you felt while driving it would get old for a street driver...

If you drive it alot, you'd be happier w/ urethane.... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Marv