Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Solution for binding front driveshaft?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 9, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I asked Wes about this and see nothing wrong with it, but in order to be able to use my front driveshaft, am I going to have to grind it a little? I already have to get it lengthened, but when I turned it, it would bind up on two spots. I am running a 9" suspension lift and my t-case is also dropped. I am definately going to need it this weekend, so I have to take care of the lengthening and grinding today. Let me know what I can do. Thanks again!

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

I don't know if this will help. But when I had my 8" lift put on, we put a spacer( that I got from 4 wpw) to go betwewen the t-case and front drive shift. And I haven't had any problem with it.

'85 Jimmy in Jax, Fl

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Was it binding up at ride height (ie sitting in the driveway)? If so, I doubt you'd be able to grind enough to eliminate binding when flexed out. If its only binding when flexed, then your prolly OK grinding on it.

BYW, where is it binding?

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

4. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

did you cut and turn the front dif to set the pinion up? i have 10" springs and zero front drivshaft problem with regards to bind.

5. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Sawzall at the slip joint...just kiddin'. check out Jess' site at highangledriveline.com, he's got some sweet stuff.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]