Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Solution to the *profile* complaints.

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 27, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

I say this ( is anyone listening? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif )
    since everyone hates trying to figure out where folks live who dont fill out thier profile, just make the usernames like this

UglychevyZZ4-wa

problem solved

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That seems alot harder to deal with than just filling out a profile. More difficult to enforce too. </font>

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Cant Steve be talked into making certain criteria mandatory to sign up?

It may not be possible...since this issue has been talked about so much he prob would have if he could.

I tell people that an exact location isnt ness. I went from Fla, to Central Fla, to Dade City, Fla. over a few months and getting used to the whole net thing. I was a total web noob when I came here.

I mean really, come to Dade City, Fla. and ask for Pure Insanity, or San Jose and ask for Shaggy...your just gonna get weird looks. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And wheres YOUR location BTW? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Location should be and will be voluntary, about the only thing we can do is ask peeps to fill it out.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I mean really, come to Dade City, Fla. and ask for Pure Insanity, or San Jose and ask for Shaggy...your just gonna get weird looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you came to Southern Vermont and asked for MUDNURI you'd probably be told- "thats a big black blazer with some chick drivin it".......

but then again- not everywhere is as small as Vermont-

Also- think bout like- Greg72- if he had put Greg72-CA in his he'd have to change it now to Greg72-NH....

I say if people dont want to fill out their profile- who the hell cares- I dont think I've ever looked at anyones....

Brandy

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Location should be and will be voluntary, about the only thing we can do is ask peeps to fill it out.

[/ QUOTE ]In the last few days Ive joined about 4-5 different sites only because of an upcoming trail ride. I doubt Ill hang around once its over, but the sign up on most of them require you at least click on a drop down box to give the state you live. Hell I had 1 require my last name and zip code! Thats was pushing it IMO so I just gave the false last name I have come to use for net stuff.

Because I live in a small town and my dad has a local business I dont give my real last name on ANYTHING concrning the net. Peeps I meet know my real last name tho.