Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

solutons for my cold and hot engine?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pilgrim, Jan 14, 2003.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

specs= mild 350 / q-jet /

simply put my motor varies in its temp way to much.. i belive this is because i put in a high flow water pump, that is "outflowing" my new NAPA 3 core radiator. forcing the water through to fast not allowing it to cool.

i ran a 195 t-stat all this year because even in summer it wouldn't warm up, unless i was moveing slow and than the twin electric fan i have bearly kept it at 200 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

if the above is true /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif then should i remove the high flow pump and toss in a regular napa rebuild? Or should i toss in a larger (say huge) radiator, so the water takes longer to pass through thus better more consent cooling..which is my objective.

Also i have serious plans to put in a 6.5 diesel within a year or so /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. So if the bigger rad would work /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif then thats one less thing to buy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif..