Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Solved: 700r4 Problems...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 90v1500, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

:( Got a problem with my 700r4... anyone had this problem? It's not slipping but it's not shifting right, it won't shift until about 3k rpm and it shifts nice and firm. It's not the TV cable, I've already checked that... It's got me stumped...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

guessing its the tbi rig in your sig... check tps voltage...

3. bandit4369

bandit4369 Registered Member

The only thing electric on a 700R4 is the converter lockup for overdrive. If TV cable is set right, I'd check the govenor, look for either a stripped gear or a gummed up valve. It's the dome shaped cap on the back left side of your tranny. That cover just snaps on, pry it off with a screw driver and you can pull the governor assembly right out. Check the gear on the end of it to make sure none of the teeth are damaged or missing. If they're fine flip the valve over several times and the little valve inside should move back and forth freely, if it doesn't, carfully take the assembly apart and clean thoroughly with a good carb cleaner and a soft cloth and reassemble. Be very careful not to scratch the valve assembly during removal and cleaning. It's usually a stripped gear, they're easy to replace. the can be salvaged from a junk 700 or gotten at any tranny shop, it's just a plastic gear and are know to strip out. You don't have to drain your tranny to check it, but have a pan and some rags ready as you will lose some fluid, but not much. Rtv the lid and just pop it back on when done.

4. 90v1500

90v1500 Registered Member

Well, found out it was the TV cable... It was hanging up on the transmission side of the cable... Thanks for all the input though :D