Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some companys i tell ya ---big rant and rave ( GO TO POST #8 )

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Mar 19, 2007.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i just purchased a msd off road rev box ( 120.00 ) to go with my off road box i have. the box comes with 4 chips for the rpm range. 4k/6k/7k/8k but no frigin 5k chip duh :doah: .

so i purchased a chip so i thaut for the 5k . got the bill 90 bucks and its a set of them. 5k/5.2k/5.4k/5.6k/5.8k . i only wanted 5k chip. so i get a refund minus 8 buck restock fee.

i call msd customer support / tech line. complain to them about the prices. he said well we dont set the prices. i said you have a set sugested retail. and most of the top 6-7 sellers are with in 1-2 buck of the same price. so he said sorry for the deal. what is it you want.

i told them i wanted just a 5k chip for the offroad rev box. as most street/stock motors will be in the 5k range. he told me sure here is your msd part#____ . so i say i can go to the store and order this. yep. he said. so i say thanks and hang up.

go to the speed sho in town who price match summet/jegs and i have it neext day also. thay run the msd part# i gave them. no good. not in system. so i call msd right back up. diffrent guy on now. i told him the story he said well thats a msd internal only part# sorry you need to buy it from us only.

so i go back home and place the order. 1 chip is 8 bucks. as the 5 chips in the kit were 90 bucks. go figure:what: :dunno: . 10-12 days later i finaly get the bill tag in the mail but no chip. 2 more days later i get the chip in the mail. almost 2 weeks later from order date. real fast shipping there.

best is yet to come when i open the box up. THAY SENT THE WRONG CHIP:angry1: :angry1: :angry1: i waited 2 frigin weeks for the wrong chip. hell no . its 5k alright but not for the off road box. its a std 6 series white chip. the off road chips are molded in to a gm weather pack plug. big big diffrence.

so when i got on the phone to them guess what ? customer support has left for the day sir. only tech line is here to answer the phones. please call back at 8am-5pm mountain time. thanks.

well guess who is getting a phone call on tusday in the am. ! ! ! !

if this was you what would you want to make it right. ?

i am going to ask for a refund and a free chip that i asked for in the first place and i want it next day or second day at the latest. is that to much to ask for?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Threaten them the BBB.

3. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

You're more patient than I would have been!

Ask to speak to someone beyond the 'phone-picker-uppers'!

Supervisor or such.

Good luck!

4. sweetk30

well today i got them on the phone. thay took care of me. new of road 5k pill . thay gave it to me the new one for free and keep the wrong one. will see how long it takes to get this one. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It isn't free until they have refunded your original cost. You made no mention of them refunding you what you already paid them.

6. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Keep us posted!

7. sweetk30

well i got the chip/moduel last night. and it was the correct one finaly. well it took longer this time to get it i think than last time. i will be calling them to talk to a head customer service person. will keep you guys posted.

8. sweetk30