Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some dude is checkin out my K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UseYourBlinker, Apr 23, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Should I be alert of a theft? Never seen him before. The passenger went over to the neighbors house..and the driver is sitting in a cherokee. Am I just paronoid?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Its better to be paranoid and wrong then not worry and have the guy steal you truck. I know I am paranoid about my truck especially if I don't know the person.

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

you can never be to paranoid when it comes to your truck!

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Remember Eric, paranoia is just a heigtend state of awareness.../forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well I wrote down the license plate number,and got a description of the guy.

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Who needs old people....rent Eric a house in your hood and its all good!

I worry about my truck too! I always dream especially lately about it being stolen. Just downright scares me!

7. Danno

Danno 1/2 ton status

The next time you see someone snooping around your truck, go sit out on the front porch with a six pack and clean your shotgun. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

should have walked out and talked to him. He might just be interested, in which case you can have a nice conversation about the truck. if he had other agendas, then at least he would know that you saw him and know what he looks like, etc...

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> That's what I was thinking too............ I know I've stopped just to look over a nice Blazer or truck too, I'm just admiring it is all ... getting good ideas too ....... still, It doesn't hurt to protect your ride either.

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sounds like he's shopping. Theifs will drive around and check out vehicles then come back and steal them at a later date. I would call the police and tell them what you saw and give them that tag number. Odds are that was a stolen truck, if I am right. If the cops in your town are worth a flip they will step up patrols in your area.
    I would think about doing something to disable your truck at night like pull the battery cable or disconnect the shift linkage so they can't drive away. Up under the colum under the hood is a clip deal where you can pop the linkage loose pretty easy with a pair of needle nose plyers. Then they can't shift it out of park even if they do bust the colum.
    Might want to add comprehensive to your insurance so if the do bust the colum your covered.

11. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> Good tip ! Dissable it in some way !

12. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, like take the driveshafts off and bring them in for the night, hahaha.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

bah forget that junk, just pull the engine and let the air out of the tires every night... it'll still be there in the morning /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

14. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Like the song says, just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.
    I sometimes stop and check out other people's rigs, but I wouldn't go in someone's yard or climb under it. Just stop andcheck it out.
    Time for some theft prevention...
    -- Mike

15. tmanofcali

tmanofcali 1/2 ton status

i would say go over to your neighbor and politely ask who that was that went to their house. might not be anything to worry about, but i would keep that paper handy just in case. who knows maybe he told the neighbor "thats a nice truck, gives me some ideas for mine"....if so consider it a compliment and just keep an eye out. i feel you can never be too protective of anything that you worked hard for.

just my.02.
    later, todd

16. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

So, what did they look like? I better stop before i offend people..:)

Sleep in the back with a gun. You might get a chance to blast somebody.

Better yet, disable your truck in some way (battery disconnect, etc).

It might just be some dude admiring your truck and gettin' ideas for his own.

Maybe he was just lookin' in to see for something to steal...and didn't see anything cool.

Maybe your neighbor is plotting to have his buddy steal it...how is your relationship with your neighbor?

17. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have gotten used to it. I have the alarm from hell on it and since I just lifted it and put a shackle flip on it. People are all over it. Sitting 13" high does get atttention. I am used to it where I work. People crawl under,over, and around it. Now I am even getting it in the parking lots at grocery stores.

18. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I would bet he was just interested or admiring it since his buddy went to a neighbors house. But it is a good idea to step up the security.

I just had my truck busted into in netween 11am and 2pm to steal my POS JVC cd player. Glad I just sold my amps and all that stuff is out. Heck the deck was worth under 200 bucks, but they sure broke alot more then 200 bucks worth getting it. I have been pulling my fuel pump fuse until I get the glass replaced.