Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some dumb show on MTV...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Grieby54, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

So I'm watching "True Life" on MTV this morning. The concept of this show is to show the true life of people who devote their life to something or another. I've seen some about working out and making the perfect body, sports... etc... Well today was "True Life - Professional Gamers"... all I can say is what...the...****...

Who does that? What a waste of time and life! The sad thing is there's some scronny 18 year old white kid who thinks he's some sort of thug (he wears the big baggy stuff, jersey crap, and those stupid hats with the flat bill... he talks like he's a thug too) and is "the self proclaimed pimp of gaming." He is known as "Tsquared" and thinks he's the ****. Those are the kinda people I wish I could walk up to, smoke him in the face, tell him he's 18, he dropped outta highschool, and he's a professional gamer... how utterly rediculous is that?! I HATE STUPID PEOPLE! The sad thing is... he's got a girlfriend, and she's not bad looking... :doah:

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

the sad thing is people watch that MTV crap :eek1:

just F'n with ya I don't watch a whole lotta tube.

3. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

If he's doing what he loves and is making a living with it and has a hot girlfriend, I dont see the down fall :dunno:
    To each his own :rolleyes:

4. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Registered Member

I heard a radio talk show where they interviewed one of these kids at some trade show in Vegas and the kid said he pulled down $300,000 in one year playing in tournaments or something...

5. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

What has MTV come to? I quit watching years ago when i noticed that 90% of the time i tried to check out a video, some road rules or real world episode was on. What a crock of sh!t. And now they are profiling professional gamers. Gonna have to start watching again. I hate you MTV!

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I haven't watched MTV sence The Headbanger's Ball. Everything else on it isn't worth a crap.

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

In My opinion, when they started doing "Yo MTV raps" they blew a rod out the side of the block and it ain't ran the same since.

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Saw a commercial for an M&M (purposely misspelled) concert, the whole crowd was filled with those tuff guys. Man, I wouldn't want to meet anyone like that in a dark alley :wink1:

Oh yeah, MTV blows.

John

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What does the "M" stand for now?

10. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Professional gamer..... :haha:

Nice way of saying lazy, unemployed, bum.

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I think Kid Jethro might have something to say about this subject????

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Couldn't agree more.

13. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

How does one become professional at something generally unprofessional? Maybe it's like "Professional" sports...

Truly America is the land of opportunity when people can make small fortunes by dedicating themselves to staring at a screen all day pushing buttons that make cartoons do stuff. Although, I think that's evident when various talentless/mindless entertainers start raking in cash hand over fist.

I play video games occasionally and don't have any big gripe against the whole idea, but I couldn't imagine making it a form of income. I'd have to guess that's an even more difficult "industry" to be successful in than the music industry.

On a positive side to Gaming, it's been found that surgeons who spend significant time per day gaming are better at robotic surgury than surgeons who don't. Yet somehow, I still wouldn't like to be operated on with a "professional gamer" at the controls...

On a related side note, if anyone knows someone that's involved in making PC games, I have a niche concept I'd really like to get going...

14. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Misguided
    My wife watches that crap. I cant stand anything on that channel. I hate everything it stands for.
    I enjoy play computer games. But that's all they are....games.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Amen.

As for the "Professional Gamer", who puts up the $$ for this?

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

When you can't figure out where the money's coming from, advertising is usually a safe bet. Or organized crime. I'd have to guess advertisers (think Nascar sponsors) in this situation, though... Maybe they have endorsement programs, too...

17. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That is the logical answer, I just don't ever remember seeing "Jim the Wonder Gamer" on a comercial like everyone else who is sponsered. Even those Poker players are on ads now.

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Me neither. It's probably within the industry advertising, magazines and stuff.

That's wierd.... IE crashed on me as soon as I posted that. IE never crashes on me, but it did once before when I hit "submit" on CK5, too. Something buggy with the site??

19. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

I would have to think that the makers of the game units (Sony etc.) Probably put up money and also the makers of the games that are played in the tourneys must sponsor this to help promote their games.

20. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

MLG... Major League Gaming or Gamers or something like that... look it up. That name was dropped on the show a few times...