Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some E-bay users piss me off !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by riz, Jun 15, 2002.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> Don't you hate it when you win an auction and it says the shipping is like 8 bucks and when you get it the shipping is really like 4 or 5 bucks !!!! What a load of crap ! Talk about getting more money for their item ! That's just plain wrong in mt opinion ! I sell on E-bay and the buyer pays what it really costs to ship, not an inflated price so I can get more out of them ! What are your opinions on this ? </font color>

2. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I have done that just because I didn't know how much it would cost. I don't want to make a special run to get shipping costs for everyone that asks.

I'm never off more than $2 though and ad extra onto the insurance.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I know what you mean, but most of the time I think people add a little extra to the actual shipping cost to cover for their time to package the part in a box and get it taped up, etc. and ready to go.

Other times I think some people try to get a shipping quote to the farthest part of country away from them so they can get a general idea of what to tell the interested party on how much to expect to pay for the shipping.
    So, if someone one who lives, say 100 miles from them, wins the bid, they still pay the same amount as someone who lives 1000 miles away from the seller.

That's why I think you may have gotten something that was closer to the seller and had to pay more for a longer distance shipping rate. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I sell alot of stuff on ebay and for the most part I charge actual shipping. But as far as when they say 8 bucks and it only cost 5 I think if it is posted in the auction to how much the flat rate shipping is and you purchase the item knowing that there gonna charge you 8.00 it doesnt matter if it cost them .50 cents to ship it. You knew the terms when you bought it.. Just my .02 /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I try to figure the shipping into the total cost to decide if it's worth it to me. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> If they state that shipping will be 8.00 then it should be 8.00 ! I know that I agree with the transaction, but when it shows up and shipping is actually half that, the seller is ripping you off ! No matter how you cut it ! </font color>

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Tanks for the reminder, I owe a guy $2 for overcharging him on shipping...

8. zcubed

zcubed Registered Member

I sold an item once, and i didn't have a clue on the shipping, so i just went by what similar auctions seemed to be charging. The going rate seemed to be $25.00, so that's what i charged. When it came time to ship, it cost me $38.00, LOL. It was my first auction. I guess you live and ya learn.

9. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color="blue"> See, That's why I like you, Ratch ! I'll do the same thing ! Pay only what it costs...not more ! </font color>

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Thanks Riz /forums/images/icons/wink.gif .

Dredging this one up 'cause I'm beyond pissed at Ebay. I just signed on to sell my dad's Caddy, and it's telling me I have to create a sellers account, then it says I have to update my credit card, then I have an overdue balance WTF?????
    I have automatic payments, and for some unknown reason, they charged my card for half the payment when one of my auction's ended, and the other half when my credit card expired and are now giving me crap about my card being expired!! It's like they waited for my card to expire to charge it (card exp. 5/31/02, auction ended 04 something)!
    I just sent them a realllllly long email. This pisses me off to no end. I wanted to get the car up there tonight so it would end next sunday night and the winner has business days to get me the payment. What a pain in the arse!!!!!!!!

11. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sometimes I have to buy a box for what I am shipping and I factor in that so the sticker with the price of shipping might be less then what I asked for... but that's the only time. Usually I have a box laying around but if it's an odd size then I have to get one and I am cheap and don't wanna pay for it... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I don't sweat it, because I have sold stuff too, and I have gotten more then shipping cost and I have gotten less then shipping cost. I sold a playstation and games/controllers and I charged $8 for shipping when it really cost me $16. And do you think I would have any chance of saying "Hey I undercharged you for shipping so you need to pay up". They would say you stated $8 so thats what I'm paying. It works the same way with charging more. I doubt it's intentional, well with most people at least. But like stated above if it is intentional it's usually for a "Handling" fee.