Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some fender trimmin... the rite way... Band width intensive.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hawkeye649, Apr 19, 2006.

1. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

First some pics of the truck as it is now. If you saw my "pics of my shizzle post" or couldn't, these are new pics with my new rims.

[​IMG]

Look how my fender job on the rear there makes it look like the ass is sagging. It's OK work, I guess everyone has to start somewhere.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the tire is hanging way out there. I want to suck that much closer to the truck... dont' make fun of me for it.....

[​IMG]

Uber seksy... I love those rims and those lugs soooo much. I like the 35 MTR's too.

[​IMG]

Some day I'll get my GMC Graemlin logo printed up as a decal... or maybe I'll paint it if I aint so lazy at some point.

[​IMG]

My nice clean interior.. lol.

So here's the trimmin'

Why would you want this:

[​IMG]

When you could have this?

[​IMG]

Before:

[​IMG]

After: Yes that's the other side. I put the trim back on unmolested to show you how much clearance I gained. The bottom is about 3 1/4 inches higher than it was before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now some action pixxx

[​IMG]

Definitly more stuff comin from the rear. I'd like to eventually do a 52" spring swap up front.

[​IMG]

All crossed up.

[​IMG]

Someone passed me on the trail in a 2x4 ranger and said my truck looked broken. lol. :D

[​IMG]

And we can see just how much I'll need to clearance the back if I do nothing. But with 4 more inches with the 52's and the fact that the axle moves up I may not have to touch them?

[​IMG]

My trucks broken! Ah...

2. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

cool rig. Nice to see you took the time to trim and then weld it so it looks original....where did you get the soft top?

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

All that work and 6 months from now they will be all bashed up....lol!

J/K looks good, def need to move the front axle forward.

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

You stole my idea! Thats what I want to do with mine so you really cant tell its trimmed.

Looks good though.

5. hawkeye649

It really pains me to see someone who just hacked the fender off and called it good. There is just a right way and a (not to be mean) wrong way to do things. If you don't want to take the time to do it like I did, you should at least take a hand break or a pair of wide pliers and roll a lip on the edge of the metal to finish it. If I still need to trim the rear of the fender when I do the 52" axle swap, then I'll cut out the fender arch and move it back about 3-4" and weld it back in, and fill in the gap that would be left in the arch at the top of the fender.

I got the top from a chick on eBay. It's a Can-Back which appears to have kicked the bucket. Just go to a place that works canvas and you'll get it for cheaper than I did. The chick I got it from screwed me, she said it was 2 weeks old. It wasn't water proof, it had scratched windows and a faded can-back logo. There was rust all over the runners that attach to the top of the bed pannels too. She was whining she only got $600 for it, cuz she just bought it new, and I was rip-sheite that she had the nerve to sell something 1-2 years old as new. First negative I ever left anyone.

6. hawkeye649

Nah I've been wheelin it for a few years now, always very carefull that I only scratch the paint. Rock sliders will be the next step. I can't see how people can just hack off the only sex appeal/curves of the truck. :confused:

7. hawkeye649

If you want, I have progress picks. It's basically a channel job like you'd do on a hot rod.