Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some flex test pics after new axles and gears,,,,,

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by 4xcrazy, Mar 7, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah sorry i couldn't make to FR42 on Sunday, but as i mentioned, i had severe problems with getting the pinion gear out of it's carrier unit. But finally got it all put together today and went out down the road and did alittle flex and gear ratio testing, nothing major, but here's what i did,,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Next on the list,,,bigger tires and of course,,,
    /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

looks like you will need rcker protection as bad as i do. damn long wheel bases.

3. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Hey, I like the (rattle can /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif) chrome wheels and hubs /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Looking good /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif what gear ratio did you go with?

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Well first off,,, the paint i chose for those wheels was supposed to be the same color as the factory grey/silver color as i had already had one wheel of this color, well it didn't turn out that way, so they are in for another repainting and are soon to be black. As far as gears go, they are 4.10 with a 265/75r16 tire size and i am very suprised as to how they are running, i had 3.73 in the rear and ther really isn't much difference with the way it drives, you can really only tell by looking at the speedo and you just know that you aren't going as fast as it says, but the crawl ratio is alot nicer now too, man it's nice and i'm ready to go out and check it out on the hills soon.

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Well cool beans dude!! Lookin like it's gettin there but as you say wheels and tires and the all mighty Sawzall I can see in your near future. Hell for that matter your truck is already more hefty than ole Wimpy. Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    your truck is already more hefty than ole Wimpy

[/ QUOTE ]

Your truck ain't that bad allan. You got a two tone tailgate now /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Actually with a locker and fix your draglink angle you'd be pretty much set. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Done did the drag link fix. Funny thing is now I have a pretty good bump steer problem to the left. Kinda hair raisin on the freeway if I ain't payin attention. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

8. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifVery cool.. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif