Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some help info needed PLEASE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big d, Apr 3, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

any one with CHEVY TRUCK BIBLE ? im looking for info to determine what month my truck was produced. its a 79' blazer with vin # ckl189f145346. this info was normaly found in drivers side door frame located on a decal that mine is missing. also, i was wondering if anyone knew about a series of numbers that is found on the glove box service parts i.d. decal(white and blue decal in glove box). this code or serial number was located at the very top right hand side in the same white line as "printed in the u.s.a." it consists of about 6 numbers.and is right above the last "n" in identification. thanks for any help in advance. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Do those 6 numbers in the glovebox match the last 6 of you vin-145346.The glovebox is one place where they put a partial vin.

Dan

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

nope, they are completely different. my own service parts i.d. decal was missing, but two ck5 members where decent enuff to scan me theirs for research purposes. id love more copies of 79' blazer spi decals also. thanks for reply.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

What are the numbers, and could it be a different glovebox?

Dan

5. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

nope, both peoples numbers on the spi decals they scanned for me are completely different. rest is all k5 info.