Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some New Toys

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fireplug, Apr 5, 2007.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

I picked up a couple of things off craigslist this week. I think I did really well.

The first is a brand new Fluidyne Aluminum Rad, it's their Sportsman model #FRR34315-16 which I would imagine is the lowest of the line? It's a two row 28.5 x 18 x 2.25. The hose connections are AN - 16 and the lower is a slip on.

Pretty decent quality, I've seen Flexalite's and they aren't quite as pretty but I paid a sixth of the price!

The second is a pair of 2001 Acura RSX seats. I got the whole set but of course I'm only using the fronts. Leather, and heated for those fall evenings when you still have the soft top on! I would've been happy with a vinyl seat but finding a good quality one is tough. I wanted something sportier and something I could easily wipe off the mud and dog hair off of.

Rad.jpg

rad welds.jpg

seat and rad 006.jpg

rsx seat.jpg

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

looks like those rads are going for 400$ on summit, good job mang,on craigslist here are hookers. i have been looking for a set of swampers on there for a loong time.

3. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

nice find!

4. bluehen

bluehen 1/2 ton status

Great find!

Those seats are pretty cool. Remember to power them so they are controlled by the ignition.

5. Avery4jc

yeah how would you do that? Just run power to them from one of the spots in the fuse box that comes on with the ignition...then put an inline switch to turn them on and off?

6. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Yeah that's what I figure. They also have side air bags. I'm not too sure if I like the idea of those staying in there, so I'm going to figure out how to get them out. I should be able to get a couple bucks for them too, there are always guys looking to buy airbags on Craigslist.

I didn't mention it because I don't have pics, and I know everyone likes pics, but I also picked up a set of fiberglass front quarters for $80.00!

7. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

On allot of the air bagged seats, when the bag blows the whole seat has to be replaced. You may do more damage than good trying to remove them. Just find the wire harness to the bags and insure you don't hook power to them. They can't go off if there is nothing powering them.

8. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah? Thanks, that's good info! Man that would really suck.

9. Avery4jc

hmmm that stops my suggestion of just sending them a nice snack of 12v and having the camera ready :)