Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some O/T Wheelin pics today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Nov 26, 2006.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Tok the 78 FJ40 out to take a few poser pics to put on flier to sell this rig. He is selling to fund his k5 build fomr a rig with more room for the boys and gear. Had some fun takin these pics out at our local 4x4 club property
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

nice, very very very nice

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Sweet Ive always liked FJ40s, I like how hes got a bogger for a spare and thornbirds on the truck, lol

4. MNorby

The rig had bogers all around on it and the PO got it stuck one night and left it out in the hills till the next day to recover it. Got back out there and all the boggers where slashed except the spare. Bummer too cause those tires were like 90%. We are going to boot them and tube them for another friends offroad only rig. Found these thornturds the same size cheap so put them on.

5. jeff101

jeff101 Registered Member

Thats a way nice looking rig maann.That is cool that your club has an area like that to go wheel at. You should invite me up to do some wheelin with you guys:whistle:.
    Later JEFF

6. MNorby

Hey no problem man. Check out the club website here www.powellvalley4wheelers.com. We have about 120 acres of land. Mostly a large baja/motocross track and a 300' drag strip with lights and all. We have natural springs so endless mud through the middle and a few rocks but nothing spectactular. We generally do a memorial day fun day out at the track kinda a free to anyone who wants to come and bring food for a pot luck bbq. Check out the events forum on the site for future runs. I just got that setup so not alot of action yet but I try to post everything happening. We are currently working with the forest service to adopt a few trail in the sunlight basin area in the beartooth mountains too. Anytime you wanna come up give me a hollar and you'll have a place to stay and whatever.

7. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i love old fj's great looking rig.

8. MNorby

Hey Jedd did you ever meet a guy from the basin area with a blue jeep thing and a tube buggy? Met him on a trail near meeteetsee a few month ago and he mentioned a blazer from lander area that was in the magazines. I thought he was kind of arogant and his definition of "built not bought" was more on the lines of "bought and bolted on".

9. MNorby

FYI that cruiser if for sale. TBI350/ TH350/ cruiser case/ cruiser axles front and rear with 4.10s and a locright in the rear. Disks all around with dual piston calapers in the front. crossover and hysteer. full top with full doors and also a set up hald door and tailgate. 35x14.5x15 thornbirds with bogger spare. PM me for more info

10. jeff101

:rolleyes: Umm yas I do know him, He is and alright guy and he does come across that way to new people. It took me a while to figure him out but whatever.
    He has helped me some so wouldnt bad mouth him. Went with him to Billings Motor Park rock crawl and he spotted for me and won first place. took home 150 bucks.
    JEFF

11. MNorby

yeah I didn't care for the way he protrayed himself and his group that day and kinda left a sour taste to me. Lots of fullsize rig bashing. Did you do the rock crawl this last year or year before? Ever get to billings for the mud bogs?

12. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

sexy rig

13. jeff101

I did the rock crawl this year. It was fun always wanted to try one. The thing that was nice is that it was way lade back and every body was just having fun.
    JEFF

14. MNorby

I was hoping to have the truggy running for that but gave up on that since I didn't want a comp being its maiden voyage. I was going to go watch too, one of my best friends is the president of the billing club and I am the pres of the powell club so quite often I try to get some people to go up and help out with activities and such. Didn't make the crawl this year though.

15. jeff101

We are restarting our club here in Lander, Wind River 4X4 ,might have to get with you to discuss club stuff. In the past I havent been much of a club team player, but am realizing that the more the better when trying to keep trails open and maybe opening up some cool rockcrawling areas. Our BLM and forest circus people are less than hopeful when it comes to 4 wheeling stuff.
    JEFF

16. MNorby

definately, power in numbers. Already around here the Macullah Peaks and Pryor Mountains have been shut down. The forest service is VERY willing to work with us on trail conservation so thats cool. Checkout Families for Outdoor Recreation ( http://www.ffor.org/ ) too. Anyways, I'm off to bed, I'll catch ya later Jeff.

17. jeff101

Thanx Mucho!
    Jeff.