Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some of my neighbors are gonna be mad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 8, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The people who live a couple houses south of me on the next block were swapping a motor into their Nova in their backyard. Sounds like they got it fired tonight at about 11:00 p.m. Sounds like open headers and either the timing is way off, or theres a flat lobe on the cam. They were revving it up, it was backfiring, making alot of noise.

Didn't bother me at all. I just listened and thought to myself what the problem could be. Looked outside and saw a neighbor open their door and look outside. I bet people probably thout it was one of my rigs, but I'm innocent this time. Besides, I never start anything loud after 10 pm, and if I do its in the garage.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    The people who live a couple houses south of me on the next block were swapping a motor into their Nova in their backyard. Sounds like they got it fired tonight at about 11:00 p.m. Sounds like open headers and either the timing is way off, or theres a flat lobe on the cam. They were revving it up, it was backfiring, making alot of noise.

Didn't bother me at all. I just listened and thought to myself what the problem could be. Looked outside and saw a neighbor open their door and look outside. I bet people probably thout it was one of my rigs, but I'm innocent this time. Besides, I never start anything loud after 10 pm, and if I do its in the garage.

[/ QUOTE ] I used to like pissing off the nieghbors by starting up the street rod at 3:00 am (open headers sure do make some noise).

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

When I built my last motor, I did the cam break in with open headers at 330 am /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Mountainexplorer, soon You'll see the spokane police, crusing past Your house. Yike's! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I work graveyard shift. On my days off I occasionally can't sleep at night so what better time to fire the Harley up and go for a put around town. The silence of the night and the nice crisp night air make that 102 inch 12.5:1 compression running through the 2 inch drag pipes sing baby!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John