Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

some of my past adventures:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jun 4, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

these are all vehicles that i have had, either sold or parted or mutilated or blown up or rolled over, cut up, demo derbied, or whatever, a couple/few i still have, and some parts too, very few though, enjoy, this is all since 1993 or 1994:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

billions more to go the above isnt even the beginning of the tip of the iceberg as far as what all vehicle si have had goes, but i gotta find somewhere to host all the pics i do have and have a place to link them from, help

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

please tell me the delivery truck is in a better place(and I don't mean crushed to a cube) there is one of those sitting on a farm out here, you can just see it in the distance from the road, it was for sale on EBay a while back and a buddy showed me where it was. I always think it would make a sweet Pro Street vehicle.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow that's alot of vehicles /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

those are my thoughts also about the panel truck, I would like older 50's panel wagon /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Cool pics randy /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Re: some of my past adventures: *DELETED*

Post deleted by R72K5

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Hey i had the same seat cover on my first pos truck!

REDNECK ALERT! REDNECK ALERT!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

You could make a book just by adding funny captions to them... the one with the suburban being dragged through the dirt: "Is THIS what they mean by 2WD?" ...

-- A

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey i had the same seat cover on my first pos truck!

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that truck was an 81 3/4 ton 2wd with 305 4bbl and ch465 and i mis it, it was great runner i only gave 275 for it and it never needed a damn thing either, it sucks im a retard for seling it too, the guy i sold it too blew it up and killed it not long after he got it and he is a retard too,

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

they are all pretty much in the same condition...RUSTY /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

lol
    mine was an 85 3/4 ton 2wd 305 hah hhahhahaha thats funny it was a great truck but a telephone pole took care of it when the first snow hit and i had not put any sand in the back yet.

11. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

heres some more:

1. stepdads blue 82 K-10 shortfleet with new goodwrench 305 engine now and rebuilt th350, stock height suspension and body,

2. a 503 code light green 72 custom c-10 rustd out crumbling condition cab coming apart with a chain and the 78 scottsdale pickup i had at the time,

3. green 77 ford f150 pickup after stripping alot off it, i bought it as a daily driver it was actually pretty clean body it very little rust through, a rare thing, but i got the truck so cheap that i simply drove it til i got my moneys worth out of it then i stripped her, she had a 300 six and a three speed on tree shift manual tranny, it was very reliable ran like new i should have kept her evne though she was a fird

4. tan 77 impala sport aero coupe, bought for 75 minus drivetrain, i stripepd her, had rust rot issues or id have put in a 350 and th350 back in it and ran it, nowadays it is rare to see or find a 77-79 sport aero coupe, these three years are very unique one of a kind, the rear back glass wraps around it is not flat back glass like the 80-90 B bodies are. i also had a 79 caprice classic sport aero coupe with busted 350 engine in it original, but good tranny, got it free and it had less rust, just some through in the rear quarters bottoms where dirt mud traps inside trunk, i should have put in a good 350 engine darn it

5. 85 trans am L69 HO305 with 700r4 and 3.08 disc brake posi rear, i sold the rear for only 30 bucks, haha the car ran and drove but wrecjked driver side front before i got it,. car was bent in fornt end, windshield busted, t tops missing, 82-84 camaro 5 star mags on it, haha

6. my tan 78 scottsdale i stuck a very nice 350 4 bolt 3970010 engine intro, it was great reliable daily driver but the cab was rusted off the frame literally so it would slide around when turnign and such,
    i should have kept it, it was so reliable and i took her 80-90mph all the tgime with the 3.08 ratio axle it had, it had no towing balls but it would cruise the country roads with ease though. i miss it alot,. got it for 200 with almost dead 350 in it, that was all that was wrong mechaniclal,y 350 was so tired it would not pull itself too well but it did run on all cylinders though, oh and it was a factory BIG10 package truck with the big 10 decals on the bedsides., had the 1.25" thick rotors and the 2.75" wide drums nd shoes and the 56" 8 leaf packs in rear and HD front coils, the ralley wheels i stuck on it form another pickup, it originally had whitye painted sterelies and aluminum dog dish hubcaps like all std equipment trucks had

7. my 68 c-10 just after i first got it form local dealership for $2k, rockers and corners were rusted through pretty bad and got worse longer i kept it, but it was all original 307 2bbl with manual choke 68 was last year for manual choke, and it has SM326 three speed on column shift all in excellent shape it shifted smoothly, no slop in column, old guy owned most of its life down south it had something to do with hauling horses in carlinville IL i know,
    i ended up being retared and stripping it and painting it pure white and the 307 blew up a month afte ri got the truck the oil pump died,so i had to put in a mild 355 and th350 engien, well that spelled the beginning of doom for the truck, two years later it was stripped and cut up for scrap, it was a damn mean fast truck it blew away alot of other vehicles, it was 3.73 axle ratio,

8. 86 buikc regal, was 307 and 2004r and 3.56 ratio, i got it for like 50 bucks minus drivetrain iw as gonna stick in adrivetrain but then i rmoeved door sill palte and sucha nd found entire rocker to be ate out pretty bad, and i didnt have a drivetrain so i hauled the car in for scrap one day. it was an LTD package car and electric everything and i mean everything, loaded,

8. the light green 72 c-10 pickup wearing brushed on forest dark green paint, hehe, just before ei cut her up, you would freak to see how much foreign sheetmetal and bondo was under the paint, they used metal such as furnace ducting metal to paste her together to keep the cab from falling apart, literally, looks are deciving, the truck looks ok in poic, but it was ne of the worst i have ever seen, same or worse than the tan 78 scottsdale! it wqould have failed an inspection too if any existedd in IL here, would have been deemed unsafe for operation structurally for sure,

9. 79 g-10 shorty sport van, 250 six and three speed manual shift on the column, first gear didnt work and reverse either, the van still runs around town a guy who works at a local lumber yard still drives it to wqork and such, it runs like a top it purrs, but the tranny shift is messed up, i got ti for i think 75 bucks, he wants 500 for it, it aint worth it though he is retarded, i put a brand new driver side front brake hoses on it it was block collpased internally the brake wheel caliper was stuck thanks to the original hose being collapsed internally. it pulled hard ot left whne braking haha. the van is really fugly and very badly rotted out missing a ton of metal big time nowadays it has tan side and rear doors from an 84 van we scrapped not too long ago,

10. 76 C-20 pickup, originally 454 but 350 when i got it but dead 350 partially disassemble,d rear was 14 FF with 3.73 and locking diff, i stripped and cut her up, got her for 75 too i believe, or maybe 100 at most.
    the cab was amost perfect shape only had a quarter size hole in driver side rocker top side at door hinge pillar frame area there.

11. a scrap day, hauling off 72 blazer doors and hood and stuff, and 77 GMC C-1500 clip and doors and some other parts that are junk
    rusted beat condition,

12. stepdads 68 or so VW super beetle converted to fiberglass one piece dune buggy, pic of it is just after we got done going through drivetrain and repainting the body it was originally blue, thne otu away in storage for about 20 years since he was my age, and now he drives it sometimes, it is cool.,

13. 81 or 82 f-150 pickup, had some bad rocker and corner rot issues, it was not solid by any means even though it may look fine and shiny in the pic,. als had the 300 six engine in it, but this one actualyl had an auto tranny in it by some miracle lol,. it ran drove fine, i cut her up stripped her too after driving it a little and then hitting trees out here with it just for fun.

14. random pic of my truck yard, 67 green c-30 dually,white 74 G-10 van, , the gray 69 custom/10 pickup with tarp over cab, white 68 c-10 that is the green one same truck afte ri painted over the green like a retard, and truck ove ron the far right with no front clip i forgot what it is, i cant tell in the pic, hmm i am pretty sure its the light mint green 77 f-150 pickup, just like pic 15. is thats loaded onto the big red roll back recovery truck on its way to scrap yard.

16. the loght blue 83 caprice with original nsoe extension rmeoved and bumper too, getting ready for 87-90 sheriff's caprice front nose extension assembly and bumper to be installed, as an appearance , the light blue 83 is now up in chicago near cicero all locked up in impound and i cant do anything about it, its gone foreve ri miss the car it only had 90k original old guy driven miles on it, it sux, all orginal LG4 4 bbl and 700r4 it had in it, pics 17. and 18. are same car, and of the 87-90 clip nose parts and bumpoer that went on the 83,

19. the 77 impala sport coupe afte ri stripped and beat the snot out of it and put it on the rollback trruck to take to scrap yard,.

20. 77 gmc c-1500 pickup, 350 smoked i dont know what was wrong with it, put that engine into it it never smoked before i put it into the truck i dont know whatt he deal was with it, so i got sick of trying ot make it stop doing that i tried everything wasted money on trying and so i stripped and cut that truck up next, it had 3.40 ratio 12 bolt axle, pretty uncommon only ever saw one other 12 bolt with factory 3;40 in it and i didn get to save either, i accidently scrapped this one axle and springs and rear frame rails and all that i had removed on purpose so i could save it, hmm,.,.

21. 84 s/e firebird 2.8L and t-5 and 3.73 open that i stripped and scrapped, it ran but had rod knock cuz the guy i got it from was a retard and decided to do a one wheel wonder burn out for too long in alley behind his house, the interior was literally in brannnnnnnnd new condition i still have all the seats form it cept driver fornt one that had a tear in it and thats it, the rest are 100% mint new shape, i still have the driveshaft form this car too and some minor other -parts i should have frekaing saved the rear axle and manual doo rparts and some other things ofr the 82 trans am i have, dammnit,,

too late now,,

22. and 23. the 82 trans am just after getting it to here from Wyoming,

24. the 82 t/a under car cover, the blue 76 c-30 dually with rod blown out 350 engine and 465, entire turck ended up getting scrapped with nothing from it saved off thanks to the damn neighbors,, didnt even get ot save the 465 or dual exhausts or 4.10 dually axle or anythung, what a waste....... but did get to save off the hydroboost brake steer system though at least.

25. thje 83 K-20 with 350 4bbl and 465 and 3.42 ratio 10 bvolt and 14 SF with locking diff, got the truck for a whopping 200 bucks original 1983 title and all i was only the second owner! of the truck,i got it from the guy who bough ti brand ne win 83 and it never was licensed for on road for license plates, it was used in an apple orchard in a small town about 12 miles from here all its life, it rasn great and drove good too but i did have to put a new TRE on it driver side it got sloppy one day real bad all of a sudden, and the carb i rebuilt and stuck back on, 12 dollar fix and she was running like brand new, roch Q jets are easy cake to rebuild anyone can do it,.

26. back end of the 76 c30 dually, side shot of the green 53 6400 chevy dumptruck, and front shot of the 82 custom deluxe pickup that i sold to a guy across town minus the engine i put in it, a very nice running 70s 3970010 350

27. shot of 90 grand prix drivetrain and cradle assembly, this is donor 3.1L engine for the blue 92 cutlass supreme in the background that you see right there, i still have that car, and stil have got ot get this engine into the car, haha, its been a year now ive had the car and since last fall ive had the 3.1L out of the G/P

28. the 90 grand prix 3.1L engine donor car, right in middle of dropping entire drivetrain cradle /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

29. the 53 6400 got it for 500, 235 six and SM420 tranny in it, very little rust, was a nice truck for 500 but it was hard to sell it, no ne wants them this old, parts oto hard ot find fo rthem and it is really salow top speed with the two speed rear end not going into high range, vacuum operated and not hooked up i didnt know how to repair it, it was all capped off by previous owner, and therefore axle was always in low range.

30. and 31. the poor green/white 68 c-10 getting disassembled/cut up.

32. the 72 blazer cst, got it with no engine in it, it had 465 and 205 and 3.07 with eaton clutch disc good posi in the rear, and Z84 CST package. ts the only k5 first gen i have ever found or sp[otted in my life, they are rare, i have yet to spot a 73-75 now, k5 are rare, they musta only made like 10 of them each year,.

33. the 77 gmc c-1500 cab minus the floorboard hehe,

34. the 68 c-10 front shot of chjassis steering before scrapping, the brakes and entire crossmember is all form a 72 c-10, i converted it swapped it over from one of the 72s i parted out over the years. 12 bolts hold the entire cradle suspension assembly to the frame rails on GM 2wd trucks 5-30/1500-3500 series.,

34. the 68 c-10 coils trailing arm 12 bolt 3.73 open axle rear setup, this setup made the truck launch great no slipping or hopping or anything and it was damn fast truck no joking at all, serious, the arms were actually solid, not rotted through like normally seen, was a miracle in itself really,

35. 72 blazer front wheel shot, the fender in the is a 68-72 gmc/68 (single lip front)chevy fender, just that fender and the hood were anyways, the other fender was 69-72 chevy(double lip front)

36. the 76 C-20 454 truck getting stripped cut up disassembled.

37. the 85 burb C20 getting cut up, am about done by the time this pic was taken, i had removed all frame cept for the middle about 25%, under the cab seating area, i had cut the rear chunk axle springs and all with rails and did same with front rails and cradle suspension assembly with the 350 and th400 and all, rolled t out from under fornt of truck. i didnt play nice or waste any time taking it apart, i didnt even unbolt drivetrain form the chassis i just left ir all and cut the frame rails instead and let the driveshaft drop haha, picked up entire front 1/4 of truck minus the sheetmetal with the cherry picker and a big chain, and separated it all later, the engine later went into a 72 longstep 2wd c-10 pickup but i needed alot of parts that i didnt have at the time so i parted that truck too, it was hauled up here form kansas and has most all metal intact, i saw parts of a 67-72 cab that i didnt know existed form factory, floor supports and inside of cab corners, it was pretty damn solid cept rockers were through along weatherstrip lip, cleanest shape ive ever seen a 67-72 cab be in! that 72 was a 465 with 3;07 12 bolt open axle, i put on a 68 front clip sheetmetal with chevy 68 grille, but all was done in vain in the end, i tried at least.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Thats a nice little red dump truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

that one was a 68 C-30 cab and chassis, with dual two stage cylinders, gave 900 for ti with 292 and 465 and 5.13ratio H072 axle with leaves and overloads and rear shovks option, all original, but the body was totally full of bond packed full or it would have had no corners or rockers, when you tapped on the metal it was all solid thud instead of sheetmetal tink sound, the paint was crap, several years old cheap crapyt repaint job. painmt was severely oxidized and there were soem soft spots in lower parts of body where it was rusting out again.,
    but still for around here it looked pretty ok
    the guy i got the truck from passed about two weeks after i got the truck from him, he used it for orchard work and he got ot where he couldnt be pushing on the manual clutch anymore he was getting weak bad health, this is the samecase as with a few other 67-72's i have had in the past, old guys who couldnt handle driving a manual clutch and manual steering truck any longer and having to sell the trucks

its crazy.

manual clutch and steering and brakes are my all time favorite, they are the best thing manufacturers ever came out with, reliable steering and brake and clutch systems, far less hydraulic parts ot leak and wear out and fail on you at very bad times unexpectantly.
    power options are for wusses. i miss havign manual everything trucks, i should have kept every truck i ever had, especially the C-30s 67-72 and the 68 pickups, and all the 70s and 80s pickups too.

too late now,.,.

thanks

14. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

On the farm we had a C-60 with a 20' box that was a great truck. We added a front axle in the rear as a tag to keep legal hauling shelled corn and sugar beets on the highway. Good memories...

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif