Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some of my shops work.

Discussion in 'Audio' started by DBLAZER, Nov 5, 2000.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Just so ya know I aint makin this stuff up., This is some pics of a 2000 TA that Chris Bateman built. Chris is our head installer, he built the ass end of this vehicle over a months time. In that time, I dynamated the whole vehicle , installed the front stage, and helped him with a few other little things. Tell me what you think.

http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_album&id_community=DBlazersPhotos&id_topic=2
    [​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Very impressive, not that I ever doubted it. You know I kinda expected a 'Batman' mural on the box though [​IMG][​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

That is crazy. Just as good as anything I've seen in Car Audio and Electronics. How much is the labor charge on that system?

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Total system cost was close 17K. Consider that there was almost 4000 in speakers alone. The wire used for the front stage was about 80.00 a foot. There was over a 400 in rcas. It was insane. The final product was incredible, but I am glad it is gone.

[​IMG]

5. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Why were the subs so much? And why are there 4 amps and 2 subs.........just wondering

..........and one time at band camp.........

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

The subs were so much because they are bad to the bone. Serious power handling, awesome accuracy. Its like why are Caddy's so expensive. Or a Viper. As for the amps, One amp per sub, and one amp per door.

[​IMG]

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

That focal looks a lot like a Digital 3000 series. Except a lot purtier. Haha. I like Chris's toolbox!

[​IMG]

8. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I checked out your pic's...you do nice work. I'm quite impressed. Did you have to upgrade the stock electrical system, such as larger output alternator and duel battery system, to handle the power?

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

9. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

now just park that sucker in the back of your blazer, and your set![​IMG]

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Nah, we just added a 15 farad cap and a second battery. The cap is flushed where the right rear(next to the passanger) speaker used to bet. Just pop off the speaker gril and there she blows. Thanx for the compliments, but like I said I didnt do all this work,Chris at my shop did the majority. This was his babey. I just helped do the boring no flash stuff!!!!

[​IMG]

11. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I know what farad caps do......but then again I don't know what they do or how they do it......mind explaining?

..........and one time at band camp.........

12. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

A capacitor is rated in farads, like an amp is rated in watts. When they first gained popularity, the rule was 1 farad worth of capacitance for every 1,000 RMS watts in your system. Lately, I've read in a few places some people are now saying 1 farad for every 750 watts RMS.
    Anyways, without one, the only things supplying current to your amps are the battery and alternator. They are made to power things like heaters and lights that draw power slowly and continously. They charge and discharge slowly. Music changes very quickly and so do the needs of amps. When a bass note hits, the amp draws ALOT of power very quickly. When the your charging system is fully charged, its OK, but slowly it will get lower and lower. You can notice this by your headlights or domelight dimming whenever the bass hits. The capacitor helps out the slow charging system because it can charge and discharge very fast, just like an amp needs. You put in inline with the power cable from your battery to your amp.
    Some of the cheaper ones are rated at 16 VDC peak which kind of sucks because peaks above 16 volts are possible and could damage that capacitor. The only caps I've ever bought are the 20 VDC peak ones.
    I think that about covers it. Did I leave anything out DBLazer???

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad