Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Some of y'all, CHILL THE **** OUT!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Some of y\'all, CHILL THE **** OUT!!!!

I am speechless about some of the crap I'm reading right now.

So you can't wheel on this one day? Get the hell over it. I've got a whole forest that was shutdown by Clinton. Go somewhere else!

So someone posts that they don't care. Tell them to STFU and move on.

I may not go to the memorials and would prefer to move on, but each and every person has their own way to mourn and by God, it's their damn right! I know of no one who died last year, I just know people who know people. I don't wave a flag cause I don't need to. I know where my heart is and it wants a certain couple of heads hanging off the 4 corners of the country. I'll gladly put on more BDUs to go hunting.

Now, if you don't know anyone who was affected by this, good for you. But let me throw this out for y'all to chew on.

December 7, 1941, my parents were not even born yet. In 1990, I got my first glimpse of KoleKole Pass. In 1991, I met old men who told me about bullets that had been shot through the walls of my barracks. In October 1993, I got to stand over the USS Arizona, watching the fuel leak to the surface.

If you don't care about this day, that's fine and dandy, but have a little fawking respect!!!!!!

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Re: Some of y\'all, CHILL THE **** OUT!!!!

I agree with that ONE HUNDRED % !!!!

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Amen, Bubba...had to go read what ya was talking about first. Young pups sometimes lack a bit of perspective. Like the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." If it would bring back our 3,000 AMERICANS, I'd opt for some boring times. I too would throw on some BDU's...if they'd take my old, mean, carcass. Free ammo and weapons and a bit of payback? HELL YEAH!!!

4. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

Thank you!!! i agree with you completley! if they don't like it don't post it know one asked for there opinion on it!

5. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Right. AND just becuase you dont know someone who was killed or dont know someone who knows someone it doesnt matter. This was an attack on EVERYONE dead or alive, hurt or not. It was an attack on our FREEDOM. It was an attack on our country and the people that we live with every single day.

As bubba said everyone has a right to morn as they wish, but this non caring bullshit is crap and anyone who feels they need to bitch about it and can hop their selfish ass on a plan and get the hell out of this country.

(takes deep breaths) Thank you I feel better now /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

My thoughts on this are the same as this post, yesterday when I read the sh*t that I read here on CK5, I was to pissed to reply. I can't say I'm in a much better mood today. so let me rant if you will

For someone to say "i don't give a ****"... well lets put this into perspective. HAD the NYFD, NYPD, EMT's, Port Authority officers ETC. said that morning "I don't give a ****" the number of INNOCENT people killed would have been a LOT higher! Aren't you glad they said "I'm going to make a difference today" and went to work, and damn it gave their life, to save us. (by us I mean USA....).... My uncle went to Ground Zero with a group of firefighters here in Vermont, and the stories he has told me regarding the emotions of our firefighters, police officers, doctors, emts etc.. is absolutly incredible. NOT once did ANY of the rescue personel give up, NOT once did anyone quit. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? They gave a damn. Thats what it tells me.

We may never know the full extend of the surviving rescue personel's medical problems, the dust, soot, etc... may forever damage their lives as they knew it, however they were and are still willing to put it all on the line for US...the people of the USA...do you think ANY of them called in sick yesterday because they didn't give a ****? NO WAY!

For someone to say they are tired of hearing about it, it shows me just how ignorant people in this country can be. Did anyone say that when JFK was killed? I doubt it. Now if you want to say I'm tired of hearing about how Florida can't count votes, then okay, but jesus the amount of lives that were lost on September 11,2001 is just to great to say **** it. We will never live the way we did on September 10, 2001, and will never be able to carry out our lives in a non-threatened way again. EVERYONE who flies from now on, will continue to in the back of their mind worry. You may say you woudn't/wont but damn it you will. Every time I visit a major city, I am worried in the back of my mind. Every time I drive by the Nuke plant here, I'm worried, the major hydro damn, etc... We will never have life as we knew it, but we can continue to show RESPECT for the people who gave their lives saving our countryfolk, and for the innocent people who happened to have said "I'm going to work today"....instead of calling in sick.

Yesterday in my kids school, they had the moments of silence when each plane crashed, and the bells rang at the given times, my oldest (1st grade) came home and explained to me that their was a child in her class at the first time the bells rang, and he didn't understand why it was ringing, and why they had to be SILENT.

Gabrielle explained to him

"one year ago today, a very bad person took some of our planes and crashed them into two very important buildings in New York City. Tons of people died, after that, two more planes crashed, one at the building where our army and navy are run, and one in a field in PA. We are quiet now, because this is the way we say "we remember and we miss you" to all of the people who died." Sometimes its not easy to be quiet, but right now we really need to be .

(those words are from my daughter, as told to the kid, told to me by her teacher, and then her)

The little boy did not speak again, during the moments of silence, and said to the teacher after. "Gabrielle told me we are quiet because we really miss those people, even though we didn't know them, and she is right."

If my first grader can comprehend WHY we show respect, why can't members of CK5?

Okay I'm off my soap box now,

Brandy

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It kinda sounds like you're ripping into me as well. I sure hope I just misinterpreted the following statement:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So someone posts that they don't care. Tell them to STFU and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not saying that I was out of line with my reply, I hope.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah your probably right. I was one of them who had a post removed. It was just hard for me to read some of the things I did with out a responce. I guess I just cared more than a few others.

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

did the thread(s) get deleted? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Yeah, looks like a mod came in and did some cleaning. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I honestly forgot what the heck you said. I was reading the posts and noticed that people were getting way out of hand and I got a little torqued off about the whole thing. I think we can move on and forget the whole thing hopefully. We can be friends again and sit down in a circle and sing "Kumbaya." /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I'll bring da Jagermeister /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think there was alot of missunderstanding in the thread that got removed. I had started one. I never ment for anyone to think I didn't care, becouse that is not what I was trying to say. I just thought some asspects had gotten excessive. I brought up that some trail around Mt. Rushmore had been closed down, that didn't mean I didn't care about what happened a year ago, it was ment to show how paranoid local officals in my area had become. I wasn't more concerned with wheeling then Sept.11th, I was just bringing up the closure was on the 11th, not prior, or after. I was tryinng to show the estent of the paranoia. Why close down trail on the 11th, but open them back up the next day. I understand protecting national monuments on Sept 11th, but why not on the 10th, or 12th??? I do sometimes have a problem putting everything into words, and it doesn't come out the way I'm trying for. I said reminders where everywhere I looked, I didn't mean to sound as if I didn't care, I was just trying to show it was to the extream. (Damn, that still doesn't show what I'm trying to say, but I've tried a half dosen times with that, and it's the closest I can get, hope no one missunderstands).

14. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i had the threads removed i felt people were getting out of hand and it was turning ugly really quick im all for free speach and everyone expreasing there selves but both threads got to wear it was nothing but name calling /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think you did the right thing. When it resorted to name calling it started to sound like POR and not CK5.

16. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

thank you for deleting those, i was one that responded with asking them why the name calling, i was real upset at those post and still a little upset at them, like i said in my post we are all americans and all of us are affected by this some not by the deaths but by the loss of freedom as we knew it, so thank you to all of those that took a moment to remember and to those that cried with the victims oh and a special thank you to some of you who have pm'd me about my loss on that tragic day, so be proud of who you are and feel lucky you live where you live, you are an american and you have your freedom.
    kelly

17. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Brandy,

You should be very proud of your daughter. She has been raised well to understand and respect sometjhing to this magnatude at such a young age. I have seen may parents around us that have tried to ignore the situation instead of answering there kid's questions. My youngest is able to comprehend some or most of this and I have tried to explain it all to her even though at the time she was only 2. She is now 3 but yesterday during the moments of silence, she sat with me watching the program and when I said it was tme to be silent to remember the people in the towers she was as quiet as a mouse. Of corse there were questions to be answered bnut I think I handled it well. I'd rather tell her then have some one else try to.

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Wow Im glad that I wasnt around when those posts were up. I would hate to think of fighting and name calling when we should all be joined together as a country and helping eachother find peace. If I saw what was described I probubly would have thought twice about the "family" and "friends" circle I thought we all had here.

I hope next year people grow up a little and we can all handle this together as we should instead of againts eachother.

Im glad to see that there is some compassionate and caring people who are up to date and know what is going on in our country right now instead of shutting yourselfs off to the truth and giving bland statements about something you dont know fully about becuase you choose to ignore it. This has weeded out those who do and dont do that a little.

Its probubly best I didnt see the others..

19. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

and if anyone knows a little about a verbal post battle it is me and chevyhuny, we both sukked ass in that department a round or two, it was a good DUMB lesson but i guess some have to be learned. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

And yes, if someone dont like sept 11 memorial stuff, find a different post to post in. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif .i agree there. I sure as hell didnt hear anyone BITCHING when the fighters were getting shot at protecting thier sorry ass in pakistan hills, or when i was in KUWAIT /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

YOU SLEPT WELL DIDNT YOU PEOPLE. of course you did, so have some respect for those who are emotionally setback by this, if you didnt learn anything from it, you never will. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif